The All New Groundspeak Uk - Call My Bluff!

The Pub Quiz has been limping a bit lately as question posters disapear for days on end and half the regulars are off at Camping Events so lets try a variation on a theme. When you start GeoCaching there are a few GeoSpeak terms that you quickly learn but from time to time, whether it be in Cache Logs or the Forums you will come across some uninteligable abbreviation or newspeak. Here's your chance to outwit the combined brains of the UK Forum.

• post a word/abbreviation/phrase that you hae seen in a Log/Forum/other GeoCaching context
  • respondents then post explanations of what the word/abreviation/phrase means
  • the OP then selects what they consider the best answer, if they're correct its smiles all round :), but if its a Bluff then you have to wash up the cups round at the Uk Geocaching Chatroom
  • all kinds of answers are invited, informative, humourus, and even the weird (we're very inclusive here Torry)

So who would like to start, I think NinjaPete is the only other person in here at the moment .... :lol:

I know I am the stranger that you will all starte at now I have just walked into your local pub but I'll have a go....

EARTHCACHE: Tupperware full of rotten leaves and mud

Tell me to get my coat if you like

welcome to Fiona Eliza and FLorence

Earth cache an illegal cache that is covered with earth

Still off topic, try again. cb23.jpg

Maybe your problem is either due to the hazelnuts or the milk in your preferred confectionary product as I notice that you are often off your topic_cut.jpg.

Maybe you should try dark chocolate with a high cocoa content and cut out the dairy products and exposure to nuts. I would try Kinnerton as it has really helped my daughter with her allergy problem - remember under EU regulations Dairy Milk has so little actual chocolate that it was classed as veggielate rather than chocolate. If you continue to have problems with nuts you could also try posting in this forum where you may be able to find other sufferers with your allergy to topic_cut.jpg

Mean while that reminds me this is a GeoCaching word definition thread so inspired by stora:

CACHE

chocolate allergy causes humorous episode :lol:

Still off topic, try again. cb23.jpg

Maybe your problem is either due to the hazelnuts or the milk in your preferred confectionary product as I notice that you are often off your topic_cut.jpg.

Maybe you should try dark chocolate with a high cocoa content and cut out the dairy products and exposure to nuts. I would try Kinnerton as it has really helped my daughter with her allergy problem - remember under EU regulations Dairy Milk has so little actual chocolate that it was classed as veggielate rather than chocolate. If you continue to have problems with nuts you could also try posting in this forum where you may be able to find other sufferers with your allergy to topic_cut.jpg

Mean while that reminds me this is a GeoCaching word definition thread so inspired by stora:

CACHE

chocolate allergy causes humorous episode :D

You just don't get it do you ?

OK doing my best to be charitable here stora, you are posting in a thread where the object is to provide definitions which are enlightening/informing/humorous on words/abbreviations/phrases that are related to GeoCaching. Now I am aware from reading your previous posts that you have a beef about "off topic" threads and in particular Congratulations threads. However this thread is specifically about words/abbreviations/phrases that are related to GeoCaching, and indeed dogeydaved's post on dnf appears to comply with the purpose of this thread. Therefore the most logical assumption of the purpose of your off topic post was that you intended to provide a definitions which was enlightening/informing/humorous but had accidentally clicked the Add Reply button too early.

Both myself and Moote have given you friendly hints that you might like to expand on the topic_cut.jpg, however from the tone of your last post I get the impression that our friendly hints aren't really hitting the mark with you.

Anyway back on topic_cut.jpg:

TB

topic bar, the UK equivalent of the legendary OCB, from Dave Ulmer's original GPS Stash. Thought to have been placed in Lead Mines Clough back in 2001 it was the UKs first edible hitch-hicker. The whereabouts of the TB are hotly disputed, some say it has been eaten, others that it would be inedible anyway, there are even reports that it has been listed on eBay. One particularly gory tale is of the phantom cacher who haunts the UK Forum, groaning in agony from the effects of mouldy chocolate, their barely audible groanings that they are now, and for ever off topic. :D

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett

OK doing my best to be charitable here stora, you are posting in a thread where the object is to provide definitions which are enlightening/informing/humorous on words/abbreviations/phrases that are related to GeoCaching. Now I am aware from reading your previous posts that you have a beef about "off topic" threads and in particular Congratulations threads. However this thread is specifically about words/abbreviations/phrases that are related to GeoCaching, and indeed dogeydaved's post on dnf appears to comply with the purpose of this thread. Therefore the most logical assumption of the purpose of your off topic post was that you intended to provide a definitions which was enlightening/informing/humorous but had accidentally clicked the Add Reply button too early.

Both myself and Moote have given you friendly hints that you might like to expand on the topic_cut.jpg, however from the tone of your last post I get the impression that our friendly hints aren't really hitting the mark with you.

Anyway back on topic_cut.jpg:

TB

topic bar, the UK equivalent of the legendary OCB, from Dave Ulmer's original GPS Stash. Thought to have been placed in Lead Mines Clough back in 2001 it was the UKs first edible hitch-hicker. The whereabouts of the TB are hotly disputed, some say it has been eaten, others that it would be inedible anyway, there are even reports that it has been listed on eBay. One particularly gory tale is of the phantom cacher who haunts the UK Forum, groaning in agony from the effects of mouldy chocolate, their barely audible groanings that they are now, and for ever off topic. :blink:

Kit kat ..take a break ...school's out for summer :P

Swap Fever

A form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder thought to be transmitted by the bite of a Travel Bug. Early symptoms include the need to eat McD Happy Meals and lurking in the party bag aisle of supermarkets. As the malady develops down two distinctive pathways are observed: the Upper and the Downer.

Uppers are easily identified by their large caching bags which barely contain their contents of stuffed animals, Memory Map CDs and bottles of malt Whisky. On the other hand Downers are easily identified by their large caching bags which barely contain their contents of McD give aways, the CD in last weeks Daily Mail, sea shells and small stones.

The victims of Swap Fever can often be heard to mutter if it's in the cache it's fair game. In its most extreme form sufferers have even been known to swap their goodies for complete caches. If you suspect that yourself or someone you know is suffering from Swap Fever, try this short quiz:

• most of our cupboards are filled with trinkets
  • I often try to use GeoCoins as real money
  • whenever I go shopping I mostly buy swaps
  • I will buy a newspaper/magazine if it has free give aways
  • last Christmas we didn't have turkey as I made everyone have a Happy Meal
  • the main feature I look for in a car is boot/back seat storage capacity
  • if it's in the cache container its up for swapping
  • I have photographs of my swap collection
  • I have posted photographs of my swaps
  • my caching avatar is a photograph of my swap collection
  • there is no such thing as an overstuffed cache
  • if I won the lottery I'd be straight down to Woolworth's

If you can answer yes to four or more questions then you may be suffering from Swap Fever, do not despair, with proper treatment a cure is possible. As a first step try limiting yourself to microcaches - its hard stuffing a teddy into a 35mm film canister. <_<

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett