Animal Statues?

So far each "Statue" category has been specific....

• Musician
  • Equestrian
  • Lion
  • Sphinx
  • Dog
  • Atlas

To list a few examples of the already operating categories.

You may find that suggesting a "vague" category for all animal statues that people will decline it, wanting it to be more specific.

:lol: The Blue Quasar

• Musician
  • Equestrian
  • Lion
  • Sphinx
  • Dog
  • Atlas

You may find that suggesting a "vague" category for all animal statues that people will decline it, wanting it to be more specific.

There are a lot of animals :lol: . . . the statue I am thinking of is of a whale.

How about widening the categories . . . I don't want to start a group for my Whale statue. B)

• Musician
  • Equestrian
  • Lion
  • Sphinx
  • Dog
  • Atlas

Besides there are alot of animals and I don't know if you'll find somebody to manage each one of them.

Who would want spiders, slugs, echidnas, anteaters, crickits, sea anemones, etc. ? B)

One of the existing animal statues might widen out and include the animal type as a paramter.

Besides there are alot of animals and I don't know if you'll find somebody to manage each one of them.

Who would want spiders, slugs, echidnas, anteaters, crickits, sea anemones, etc. ? :D

One of the existing animal statues might widen out and include the animal type as a paramter.

The ongoing question -- broad categories with multiple variables, or a spew of narrow, specific categories? There is a balance there somwhere.

I think Animal Statues is about the right level. If there are already categories for specific categories, e.g. lions and dogs, then merely include in your description a direction to post those waymarks there, to avoid duplication. I think there is an Insect Sculptures, too.

Well then how about using some form of scientific class division for the animal kingdom?

Somebody out there must know how the tree branches in the genus or whatever.

I agree that things can get too specific, but they can be too generic too.

:P The Blue Quasar

In the Animal Kingdom there are sponges, cnidarians, flatworms, roundworks, molluscs, annelids, arthropods, echinoderms, and chordats. Some how I don't think we'll find statues of sponges and flatworms.

We'll probably have to deal with just the chordates which include, Cartilaginous fishes, bony fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals, and three others that we won't probably see. Although if somebody finds a statue of a tunacate I'd be impressed. We might see arthropods (bugs and lobsters) and echinoderms (starfish, sea anemones).

Probably more detail than you wanted to hear but I just wanted to be a smart a** :blink: and my wife is a biologist and just finished lecturing on this.

(it appears I added a word the forums didn't like and it got edited, sorry)

Edited by TerryDad2

Well then how about using some form of scientific class division for the animal kingdom?

Somebody out there must know how the tree branches in the genus or whatever.

I agree that things can get too specific, but they can be too generic too.

B) The Blue Quasar

In the Animal Kingdom there are sponges, cnidarians, flatworms, roundworks, molluscs, annelids, arthropods, echinoderms, and chordats. Some how I don't think we'll find statues of sponges and flatworms.

We'll probably have to deal with just the chordates which include, Cartilaginous fishes, bony fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals, and three others that we won't probably see. Although if somebody finds a statue of a tunacate I'd be impressed. We might see arthropods (bugs and lobsters) and echinoderms (starfish, sea anemones).

Probably more detail than you wanted to hear but I just wanted to be a smart a** :P and my wife is a biologist and just finished lecturing on this.

(it appears I added a word the forums didn't like and it got edited, sorry)

It appears we can statues of donkeys but not asses :blink:

edit No asses are ok, you just can't have only one.

Edited by tozainamboku

Perhaps "Statues of Creatures with Fins". That would include Porposes, Whales, Fish, lobsters (is that a fin?), and maybe even a mermaid.

But then what do I do with the statue of the fox, river otter, beaver, bald eagle, heron, and turtle?

I won't even mention all those creatures carved out of a log with a chainsaw.

OOPS, now I've imagined into existance another artform waymark to be.