Is It Worth It?

I found a Garmin Rhino 120 at a pawnshop today for $120, I am not sure that it is worth it. My husband has a Magellan color. I want a gps to take with me when I go out of town without him or to have when he goes out of town with his. Is this a good price?

$120 for the Rino 120 is a pretty decent price, but you might want to check eBay or Amazon's used GPSr's. With the 120 your still paying for the built in two-way FRS/GMRS radio. If your not going to be using the radio, you can find a comparable unit for a lower price.

I'd say shop around a little more unless you plan on using the radio.

Its an OK price but do you really need the radio? The Rino is really only useful if you are using it alongside other Rino users.

Besides I never really cared for hybrid electronic equipment. If one component breaks you lose everything while you're getting it fixed.

You can get a brand new eTrex Legend for the same price and the Legend will come with the cable. You'll have to pay around $30 extra to get a cable for the Rino. The GPS specs between the Rino 120 and Legend are similar.

Or for a little less you can get a Geko 201. Its a nice little unit that makes a great second GPS. Its small enough to fit in your shirtpocket so you can take it pretty much anywhere.

I agree with the others, unless you need the FRS.

However, that Rino is $202.00 delivered at GPSDiscount.com

So I don't think its a good price.

"Besides I never really cared for hybrid electronic equipment. If one component breaks you lose everything while you're getting it fixed."

Now if they could make it an "x" series, add a MP3 player, AM/FM radio, PDA (w/ blue tooth of course), laser pointer, digital camera and LED flashlight, I'm all over it. :lol:

PP

I agree with the others, unless you need the FRS.

However, that Rino is $202.00 delivered at GPSDiscount.com

So I don't think its a good price.

"Besides I never really cared for hybrid electronic equipment. If one component breaks you lose everything while you're getting it fixed."

Now if they could make it an "x" series, add a MP3 player, AM/FM radio, PDA (w/ blue tooth of course), laser pointer, digital camera and LED flashlight, I'm all over it. :lol:

PP

You forgot the cell phone, wifi and free set of Ginzu knives!