Removing Request For Maintenance

We posted a "Maintenance Required" log on a possibly missing cache.

The owner disabled the cache, checked the site, and re-enabled the cache...

Our "Maintenance Required" attribute is still there -Is there another 'button' that needs to be pressed by the cache owner?

Instead of using the "Enable" option they should have posted a "Performed Maintenance" log. That wipes away the "Needs Maintenance" attribute automatically and restores all the previous attributes. It also shows as a log on the cache page. They then need to enable the cache again.

This does create a lot of logs though (especially if a change of coords is required too) so I've seen some owner delete the "Disabled" and "Enabled" logs leaving just the important ones. I only noticed this through the Watchlist reports.

Oops - sorry to have caused Walkergeoff trouble by finding this one! Without internet access on our travels we could not log our find straight away......Mind you, if we had internet access, we might have spotted the 3 DNFs and not bothered attempting this one. Sometimes you just can't win..:lol:

Edited by Sharpeset

Oops - sorry to have caused Walkergeoff trouble by finding this one! Without internet access on our travels we could not log our find straight away......Mind you, if we had internet access, we might have spotted the 3 DNFs and not bothered attempting this one. Sometimes you just can't win..B)

I am glad you found it - I'd much rather my DNFs were down to me rather than to muggles! :lol:

I shall go back next year, when I go to the Lakes again, to see if I can find it.