Phantom Animal Encounter

Yesterday a group of us snagged a cache named Fine Feather Pines. The name referred to the pine trees along the Feather river. But because of a phantom animal encounter, the Fine Feather could be changed to Find Feather(ed). I say phantom because no one ever saw or heard the bird. Here is my log...

July 26 by geospyder (1023 found)

Co-FTF with Geo-Jeeper and Laughing Gravy. This one was special in that one of our fine feather(ed) friends took a dump right square in the center of my thin hair - splat. Left a GBES Coin TB and a dollar coin. Took something sharp. Thanks for the hunt.

:) I know that's horrible when it happens, but funny.

My mom and I were benchmarking once and she got bombed right on top of the head, and the culprit had been eating berries so it was quite lumpy and messy and the seeds were gluing themselves to her hair ICK! Oh, how I laughed.....

My bird poops on me ALL the time, so I'm used to it, but I do still get a little disgusted.

:) I know that's horrible when it happens, but funny.

My mom and I were benchmarking once and she got bombed right on top of the head, and the culprit had been eating berries so it was quite lumpy and messy and the seeds were gluing themselves to her hair ICK! Oh, how I laughed.....

My bird poops on me ALL the time, so I'm used to it, but I do still get a little disgusted.

My wife has a cockatiel, too! His name is Joe, and I never realized that a bird can have a personality.

Or it that a avian-ality? whatever it is, that little sucker is a character!

And yes, I have been "blessed" many times, too. You learn to watch for 'the squat'...

Too bad you didn't get a picture of it! You could have tried to identify it with this book.

0898154278.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The book is well worth the price. You know you can't blame the bird as they don't have an anal sphincter. Just thought I would throw that tidbit into the mix. That's why they often drop a load at liftoff.

Your incident reminds me of two occasions that I encountered presents from above. One time my son and I saw out the car windows, what looked like giant demonic bats flying here and there just above the parking lot lights one fall night at Wal-Mart. As we neared the flock we realized they were the giant mob of crows that everybody was complaining about. Suddenly I heard the pitter patter of bird droppings falling all around. Didn’t take me long to leave that area. I felt sorry for the people walking to their cars.

The other time was with, you guessed it, crows. I got the bright idea of trying to call them in at my house using a loud tape recording of an excited crow. B) The same situation occurred over my parked car as did in the parking lot. Ever try to shoo a flock of angry crows away? The only thing I could think of was my wife. What was she going to say about the white uric acid splattered all over everywhere? :lol:

-it

Before west nile, we used to have mobs of crows over the house 2 or 3 times a year. The white spots disappear after a couple rains. It may seem perverse, but I miss them (the crows, not the spots).

(edited for clarity)

Edited by OHMIKY

(snip) You learn to watch for 'the squat'...

For sure, the big signal! I watch him like a hawk but he still goes so much, you wouldn't think it possible for that much doody to be in one little chicken :lol:

You should return the favor some day... :lol:

B) That's exactly what my husband threatens to do, but that is just too unfair based on comparison of 'scat' size!

Before west nile, we used to have mobs of crows over the house 2 or 3 times a year. The white spots disappear after a couple rains. It may seem perverse, but I miss them (the crows, not the spots).

(edited for clarity)

I am a crow junky, I have a crow caller, and I love to 'talk' to them with it. Several times I have attracted small mobs to swoop down and check us out as we are hiking. That freaks my husband out, he thinks I'm trying to kill him a la Hitchcock's "The Birds"!

Had to add this pic to the thread.

My wife and I were with our nephew and niece at the petting park (part of the National Zoo in D.C.) and I took this pic of my 4 week old (now 6 weeks) after getting bombed.

I know's it isn't nice to laugh at the little guy, but we were cracking up. :lol:

PICT0051.jpg

My favorite swoop and poop story happened to a friend of mine while my wife and I and he and his girlfriend were on our way to a wedding. He forgot his shirt while he was packing his suitcase so we had to do an emergency run to the store for a new one. Got back to my house, he changed and on the way out of my house he got nailed by a bird. So, on the way to the wedding, we stop at a store to get him a new shirt. He changes in the car on our way to the wedding. As we're stepping out of the car, he got nailed by another bird on the exact same shoulder as the first bird got him! He was the only guy at the reception that didn't take his jacket off all night! I guess if it's supposed to be lucky, he should have bought a bunch of lotto tickets that day! :lol: