How Do I Get My Avatar To Show Up On My Forum Postings?

Did you "Re-register" to make the changes take effect?

Choose My Avatar Choose Photo

An avatar image can be found to the left of each post in the Groundspeak discussion forums.

If you have images available, click on an image to view and select it as your avatar. Or upload a new image.

Since the forums run on a different machine, you will need to re-register the changes before they will take effect.

Edit your account details

Perhaps if you "log out" and then back in again it will work.

Or you can try clearing your cookies, browser cache and temporary Internet files, your forms and passwords, and auto-complete, then close your browser and re-open it. This will mean you must log in again. If you do this though, all of your passwords will be 'forgotten' and you will have to enter them manually again on sites that your computer was 'remembering' for you. Sorry if this is old hat, but as a service tech I've learned to say all the things no matter how 'obvious' they may seem.

:D The Blue Quasar

My avatar shows up within the groups I'm involved with, but not in the forums. :D I went to my profile and uploaded the avatar, but it still isn't showing in the forums. Anyone with a suggestion for this newbie?

Thanks

You have to enter the forums from the link on the left side of the geocaching.com page.

I will try the clearing of cookies, etc. If that doesn't work then I'll just deal with not having one. I already enter the forums from the left side of the screen and I've tried the logging out so I think cookies, passwords, etc is all that's left within my limited computer abilities.

Don't worry Blue Quasar, when it comes to computers you can never have too simple of an explanation for me. :D