Tb Anti-mission Complete

lmcgisme

I have a travel bug, Prancin' Pony , which I dropped off in Thailand five months ago. The bugs only mission was to keep prancing, visiting as many caches as possible. Having dropped the bug 8,000+ miles away I thought it would travel to new and exciting places. No such luck. After going directly to Canada it headed steadily east until it was just dropped in a cache a mere ten miles from my home! It almost beat me back. :laughing:

Does anyone else have stories of a TB they dropped far away that came back home - with nothing in the TB's mission stating it wanted to go home, or TB's that did the oposite of what you had hoped?

:D:)B)

7 geocachers move your travel bug almost 10,000 miles and THIS thread is the thanks they get? And with the B) emoticon too. :D

OH my fweakin' gawwwd!

THIS is EXACTLY why I say the worst part about travel bugs are their owners and WHY I call the TB forum "The whining and unrealistic expectation forum."

I would get a total kick if that had happened to one of mine. Sheesh. Durned if ya do and durned if'n ya don't. :):D

Edited by Snoogans

:ph34r::ph34r::blink:

7 geocachers move your travel bug almost 10,000 miles and THIS thread is the thanks they get? And with the :lol: emoticon too. :)

OH my fweakin' gawwwd!

THIS is EXACTLY why I say the worst part about travel bugs are their owners and WHY I call the TB forum "The whining and unrealistic expectation forum."

I would get a total kick if that had happened to one of mine. Sheesh. Durned if ya do and durned if'n ya don't. :ph34r::blink:

Actually, most of my TB mover's got a nice email thanking them for moving my TB and taking such good care of it.

It must be true that computers are good for speading information but terrible for communication. I thought it was hilarious that my TB almost beat me back home, especially since there was nothing in the goal to suggest it do so. I was trying to share a funny TB story & see if the same thing happened to anyone else. After rereading my post a couple times I still don't see where it sounds like whining, but more like tongue in cheek poking fun at myself - which appearently doesn't come across well on the computer.

Lighten up and stop assuming people are whining when they're just relating their experiences.