Garmin Turning On/off Maps

I have a 60CSX and I have both CS 7 and NP24K topo loaded. I notice that CS7 takes precedence over NP24k, so in order to display topo maps in an area where i'm located, I have to turn off CS7 for that area. Ok, fair enough, but the problem is when I want to switch back to the CS street maps, it seems like it's a nightmare to: 1. Determine what map segment I'm currently in, and 2. scroll down through the whole list to find the map segment and turn it back on.

Is there any way to just bring up map segments that cover the area where you're plotting? If you have a lot of map data loaded on the GPS, it can take a long time to scroll through the list looking for the proper map segment to flip it on/off. Is there any easier way to do this?

I have a 60CSX and I have both CS 7 and NP24K topo loaded. I notice that CS7 takes precedence over NP24k, so in order to display topo maps in an area where i'm located, I have to turn off CS7 for that area. Ok, fair enough, but the problem is when I want to switch back to the CS street maps, it seems like it's a nightmare to: 1. Determine what map segment I'm currently in, and 2. scroll down through the whole list to find the map segment and turn it back on.

Is there any way to just bring up map segments that cover the area where you're plotting? If you have a lot of map data loaded on the GPS, it can take a long time to scroll through the list looking for the proper map segment to flip it on/off. Is there any easier way to do this?

You dont have to determine any segment your on. just hit menu/map setup/menu and hide or show CS 7

Edited by IBcrashen

You dont have to determine any segment your on. just hit menu/map setup/menu and hide or show CS 7

CS7 is not a single map. It's a bunch of maps.

Furthermore, that still doesn't address the main problem of having to scroll through a hundred other maps before I can even find CS7 to disable it.

Take a read through Sputnik's Garmin FAQ, particularly #9 in the "Loading and Managing Maps" section. Basically when you're on the Map Setup menu where you can enable/disable all hundred-gazillion individual map segments, just hit Menu one more time and you'll get a screen where you can hide/show entire groups of maps (hide/show all City Nav, or all US Topo, etc). It'll have you switching between CS and NP24K nice and quick. :laughing:

Take a read through Sputnik's Garmin FAQ, particularly #9 in the "Loading and Managing Maps" section. Basically when you're on the Map Setup menu where you can enable/disable all hundred-gazillion individual map segments, just hit Menu one more time and you'll get a screen where you can hide/show entire groups of maps (hide/show all City Nav, or all US Topo, etc). It'll have you switching between CS and NP24K nice and quick. :laughing:

Awesome! Awesome!

Thanks for the info.... that's what I wanted.