Route Query - Temporary Solution?

Ellteejak

Somewhere I read that pocket queries on routes seemed to not work. has this been fixed?

The temporary solution seems to be to run the pocket query to the screen, and download the resulting LOC file. Then import the LOC into GSAC to just tag/flag only your files that are in the LOC (can be done during import).

Then you have a list of caches tagged/flagged that you want.

I send this list from GSAK to my PDA via CACHEMATE export.

I send this list from GSAK to my road mapping software MICROSOFT STREETS & TRIPS via export, and import as travel stops along a driving route.

I send this list from GSAK to my GPS connected to my laptop.

Edited by Ellteejak

There have been various problems with PQs and some seem to be fixed. Try it and see.

If you already have the data in GSAK, then you can just use the route itself in GSAK to do the filtering. Go to the web page to display the route that you use in the PQ. On this route page is a link to download the GPX file of that route. Do this and place the file where you can find it. Open GSAK, click on Search, Filter, slect the Arc/Poly tab, click on the "Load from File" button, select the gpx file. For Filter type use Arc/Line; for distance use a number that makes sense for you. Save this filter; and click on GO. The result is that the display grid now shows only the caches along that route.

This does not deal with archived caches, which your method does. But there is a substantial difference in how long it takes to implement.