Welcome

vespax

Hello Carbon Hunter

Lots and lots of geocaches waiting for you in Gauteng. While you are that side of the waters try and buy a few of your own geocoins and in collaboration with a friend place your own geocache (which he will have to maintain) It really is a chance not to be missed, and not the advice I would normally give to a new geocacher. ;)

Leon

I'll see if I can source a geocoin shop here in the hague - but do not have a geocaching "friend" this side.

Will certainly set up a few caches in SA - and hopefully into Africa as I travel there a lot and I see places like Kampala really need some caches.

Hi Carbon Hunter, lots of places need caches, but not all are worthy, if somebody can't help you to maintain the cache then the reviewer will not allow the listing. But don't fret about that now, get as many caches as possible in EU, come back to RSA and take it from there. :mad:

Enjoy

Leon

quote]Hi Carbon Hunter, lots of places need caches, but not all are worthy, if somebody can't help you to maintain the cache then the reviewer will not allow the listing. But don't fret about that now, get as many caches as possible in EU, come back to RSA and take it from there.

Enjoy

Leon

Back in SA and had my first local experience.

Great to be home and getting the family into GC'ing.

Welcome Carbon Hunter. I think that if a person often travels to certain area's in the country and maintains caches placed there often, then the reviewer will accept it. I have caches over a 100 Mile radius from home but regularly maintain them if I am in the area. OK some were in an area that I don't get to go to anymore but that is because I changed jobs but still they are within a hour to two drive from home so if anything I can still get to them should they need a bit of maintenance. I've been through some cache listings that have had no maintenance for months, but where is the owner? Far away and most likely inactive. So if it is in my area I try get some maintenance done to it from my side. I think that every cacher should maintain a cache in his area irrespective of if it is his or not. As a common courtesy. I would appreciate it if ever one of my far away caches needed some maintenance that the next finder would at least do that for me. Even if it is to replace the container with a cheap one for the time been. Recognise the cachers in you're caches area and get them on your team.

Welcome to some new cachers Bvers, toekie-toekie, and especially someone new in my area Subterranean Homesick Blues. May you guys have many happy caching days ahead.

Hi Wazat. Bvers are some of our buds living in Newcastle. We stayed with them for 3 nigth. We told the about the game and thay said thay want to join us for one. After the 1st find for the day thay were hooked. Thay pushed us to do 8 caches yesterday and one this morning befor we could head back home. Love your town and suroundings.

With the recent hit of the "Milestones" thread on this forum, let's not forget the newbies who are out there struggling to get to 10 finds! :laughing:

I noticed Alex B-S has come on the scene recently in Cape Town. Welcome.

And Snowolf coming out of a long winter hibernation, May you find the landscape lush with finds!

Please post welcomes here, so that newbies can feel included in the community.

HINT: and if you want to go the extra mile, send them the post/thread afterwards through the site so more people join us here in the forums.

Welcome all whom I am not aware of!!!

OK

:D:D:D

Carbon Hunter I wouldn't really welcome him if you take a look at his posts.... I gather he is a spammer of sorts. He managed to visit a few threads in a matter of a few minutes, and replied on 25 with comments that made no sense. I see he is listed as a teacher from his profile. I don't see any educated reply in his posts though.

A big welcome to Deyzelmj in KZN, bridging the gap between Ladysmith and PMB.... Very keen after we had a chat yesterday while I was in the area. Will be blitzing the area for the next few weeks and expect a nice multi or two from him in the area too. Enjoy the game dude, I am sure you will. :o

I noticed that geo_j and geostormer is active in our area and both had an amazing race today at “Wrong time – wrong place”. :blink:

It is also good to note that geo_j planted his/her first cache. Well done to both of you and hope there is many more.

There is no need to battle at any of the caches in this area. Feel free to drop me an e-mail if you need assistance with any geocaching matters or with the caches in this vicinity. If I do not have the answers I will get the answers.

Gerhard

Hi all, I hope I have the co-ords correct and am in the right place to introduce myself :anicute:

Droffarc is me and I go about mostly on a dual purpose bike, but sometimes in a car. I prefer to travel via the roads less travelled by the maddening crowd.

I just recently acquired a GPSr and am new to the geocaching activity. To date I have had 12 successful finds and have hidden one - which is wheelchair friendly - I like being friendly to the dis-abled so my future caches will all (within reason) be accessable to those who are not as agile as I am.

I also support the CITO movement - lets clean up.

To promote geocaching I have included an article in my monthly wikispaces edition:

Promo

http://droffarc.wikispaces.com/2008_Oppikoppi

which is read worldwide, especially in the US and UK as well as Europe and a few other places, mostly by Dual Purpose bikers (Adventure aspect) as well as armchair adventurers and tourists.

I look forward to finding many more caches and would like to do a follow up article later in the year.

Unfortunatley I do not get much time to spend lurking about in forums but welcome any comments.

Thanks

Droffarc :)

Hi all, I hope I have the co-ords correct and am in the right place to introduce myself :D

Droffarc is me and I go about mostly on a dual purpose bike, but sometimes in a car. I prefer to travel via the roads less travelled by the maddening crowd.

I just recently acquired a GPSr and am new to the geocaching activity. To date I have had 12 successful finds and have hidden one - which is wheelchair friendly - I like being friendly to the dis-abled so my future caches will all (within reason) be accessable to those who are not as agile as I am.

I also support the CITO movement - lets clean up.

To promote geocaching I have included an article in my monthly wikispaces edition:

Promo

http://droffarc.wikispaces.com/2008_Oppikoppi

which is read worldwide, especially in the US and UK as well as Europe and a few other places, mostly by Dual Purpose bikers (Adventure aspect) as well as armchair adventurers and tourists.

I look forward to finding many more caches and would like to do a follow up article later in the year.

Unfortunatley I do not get much time to spend lurking about in forums but welcome any comments.

Thanks

Droffarc :anicute:

Welcome Droffarc. Don't lurk too much. It will be good to hear and see from you on the forums - and in the cache logs!

Hello all.....Just introducing myself quickly on your forums! :D Love this Geocaching thing, been doing it with the Nokia N95 for a short while. Been trying to move some tagged items across continents too 5 so far! All great fun! Family think I have too much time on my hands!

Is there somewhere locally in SA to buy coins and dog tags?

Hello

Help <_<

Registered in 2004 found 1 cache and have hibernated since then. My topic! I do not like my login name. How do I change this? Been quite active recently "Last Two weeks" I have into'ed at least 10 hopefulls and realy love the idea of geocaching.

Check out: http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...&nav=0,5,10

We have the ability to grant username changes under some circumstances. Approvals of username changes are at the discretion of Groundspeak, Inc. and need to comply with the Terms of Use listed here: http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx .

Please ensure the username is available before making the request via a search using this page: http://www.geocaching.com/email

If your search comes up empty, then the username is available. Note: It is not necessary to create an account using the intended username. We'll do that.

If the username already exists and has ever been validated, or the username has been used in any way, then the username is not available.

The request for a username change needs to be made from the email address in your account profile and sent to contact@Groundspeak.com. Provide the current username as well as the requested new username. Please make sure you specify the needed background information and also the exact spelling, spacing and capitalization for your new username.

To change your email address:

Click on the link that says "Edit profile" next to 'My Account Details'.

Enter your password at the top for security.

Change your email to your new email address and click on the button at the bottom of the form to update.

If you change your email address, you will need to re-validate your account. Please check your inbox for the new validation code.