Welcome

vespax

Hi there, How can i setup the APP or the website that i get an email when a new Cache is loaded in my area.

Welcome to the wonderful world of geocaching. The only way to get notifications of new caches that are published in by becoming a "Premium Member" and that is part of the benefits. Good luck.

hi folks!

Funny enough, I registered as a geocahcer after hearing about it from a colleague way back in 2012. However, it was only when on a business trip to Germany/Austria with the same colleague at the end of July that I did my first find. Why did it take me so long to actually get looking? Idiot! Lost out on two years of caching fun!

I plan to make up for it wherever I can. I live in the beautiful Western Cape (and the land of stunning sunsets - Kommetjie) so I am looking forward to finding many more of these wonderful treasures and meeting some of you interesting folks all around the country, and indeed the world. :D

Hi everybody.

We are Team Venter and by the time you read this forum post we would have most probably found our 1000th cache. We joined in June 2014 and love the experience a lot. We have seen places that I would never have even dream of seeing and have been to THE MEGA 2014 in KZN. We cache in Gauteng mainly but have found a couple caches all over. Thank you for accepting me and my family into your community we love it here.

Hi everybody.

We are Team Venter and by the time you read this forum post we would have most probably found our 1000th cache. We joined in June 2014 and love the experience a lot. We have seen places that I would never have even dream of seeing and have been to THE MEGA 2014 in KZN. We cache in Gauteng mainly but have found a couple caches all over. Thank you for accepting me and my family into your community we love it here.

Great to have you guys on board as such active cachers. Hope to see you around for many many years to come still.

Um Hi guys! :/

I'm a home-schooled fifteen year old, studying in Grade 10.

I recently found out about Geocaching and I would really like to try.

I live in Johannesburg, but I don't have any form of transport to get around.

I have a keen interest in Geography, Agricultural sciences, and Life Sciences (The subjects I study).

Is there some sort of age-limit for this?

Am I too young to participate?

Can I join teams?

Or enter events for Newbies?

I want make GeoBudddies and go Geocaching! :)

Please contact me if you wanna help out a noob like me! *cries in ForeverAlone*

If you can make it, join people at an event tomorrow: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC71NN9_wrqgt-37-picnic-in-the-park

I have a keen interest in Geography, Agricultural sciences, and Life Sciences (The subjects I study).

Can I join teams?

Can I join teams?

Welcome Atiya16

Wishing you many happy caching adventures.

In terms of age limits, be aware of the following general terms of use, this applies to all internet sites, not just GC.com

Minors. Our services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use our services. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13, you may only use our services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement

As for the activity of geocaching, you should discuss the activity with your parents and ensure they are comfortable with you doing it. Getting to caches may be a challenge, but there are various options.

Events are great opportunities to meet other cachers and allow you to hook up with "teams". Again, discuss with your parents and see if they will take you along to an event.

There are many young cachers who enjoy the hobby.

Edited by GlobalRat