Garmin 60csx Tracking Issue

Just got my new 60CSx and loving it. But have a question. With the unit sitting still, either in hand or out, my position on the Tracking Map jumps all over the place. This is with a minimum of 5 sats being locked in out in the open. Is this normal? The variation of position can be as much as a hundred feet at times, but most of the time is around 25 - 50 feet.

I expected some variation while moving, but figured with the Sirf chipset that this one would be more accurate. I live at about 9500' and this happens on clear & cloudy days and nights. Looks like a wino with the shakes, ha! It doesn't seem to matter whether I have 5, 7, or more sats either.

Also, I did download the latest firmware updates.

Thanks

Just got my new 60CSx and loving it. But have a question. With the unit sitting still, either in hand or out, my position on the Tracking Map jumps all over the place. This is with a minimum of 5 sats being locked in out in the open. Is this normal? The variation of position can be as much as a hundred feet at times, but most of the time is around 25 - 50 feet.

I expected some variation while moving, but figured with the Sirf chipset that this one would be more accurate. I live at about 9500' and this happens on clear & cloudy days and nights. Looks like a wino with the shakes, ha! It doesn't seem to matter whether I have 5, 7, or more sats either.

Also, I did download the latest firmware updates.

Thanks

The subject has been discussed many, many times, please can people refer to the previous post because all these very same questions come again and again.

Thanks for the help folks. I was able to borrow another 60CSx for a day to compare it to and can see how the different position helps. I was just a little worried that I might have a lemon, and I only had a few days left to return it to the store if it was. Also, I think the other unit must have "talked" to mine because now, even lying down, it's doing much better.

And my apologies to Suscrofa. My personal computer has been down for a couple of weeks and I was using a neighbor's to look for help so I only had a few minutes to do any searching.