Watchlist - Notifications?!?

kyot

How does the watchlist notifications work?

I put a cache I DNF on watch to see if the next visitor managed or whatever.

Just received an email notification - good.

of a Find that occurred two days before my visit/log last week end!!

Up until a few days ago, the watchlist notifications would be delivered to my email account immediately upon someone logging that cache. There is apparently an issue with GC.com and AOL that has led to delays and in my case, not receiving the messages at all. I noticed on your profile that you have a gmail account and my understanding was that those were working okay.

Perhaps in your case someone is just catching up on some back logs??

Edited for spelling

Edited by TMAACA

This has been discussed at length in the Web Site Forum. Some people have set up Gmail accounts and changed their GC Profile to use that email address.

Gmail seems to be reliable, unlike AOL, Yahoo!, and Hotmail.

Just got 3 days worth of geo mail in my AOL inbox, even missed meeting some folks staying here in town who wanted to leave a geocoin with me. Just lovely. Switching to Gmail and canceling my AOL account today.

...and canceling my AOL account today.

Having just done the same thing, all I have to say is good luck even finding someone at AOL who WILL cancel your account. They hate that with a passion and will do ANYTHING to keep you talking until you change your mind.

I'd love to hear another person's experience with that process.

Having just done the same thing, all I have to say is good luck even finding someone at AOL who WILL cancel your account. They hate that with a passion and will do ANYTHING to keep you talking until you change your mind.

You ain't kidding. Listen to this. An acutal recording of someone trying to cancel his AOL account. Hilarious.

You can stop 'em cold by saying, "Due to a court order, I'm no longer allowed access to the Internet". Not much wiggle room there.

Crud! I just realized I still have an AOL account :) I can't belive I've been paying on it for almost 2 years. Shows how much I pay attention to that particular credit card statement! My experiance in the past is that they'll try and keep you by offering 6 months free. If you want to stop it quick put a stop payment on that transaction or close the credit card it's getting billed to that'll get rid of it quick :lol:

-PMaholm