Garage Sale Etiquette?

Here is my opinion on this subject:

"The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error."

:laughing:

Wow...did you just come up with that on your own, or were you reading a Stephen Hawking book? That kinda made my head hurt...LOL.

I have found this forum to be the best place to buy things(GPS 2002,upgraded 2003, Palm 2007,stickers2007), I always check here first before ebay or bidz.com, I will spend sometimes a little more here but I feel I am with friends here in the caching community and would rather help out here by buying here than some muggle in ?? .

I feel I been getting what I want for a fair price. (once a GREAT price) Barter system is great and doing it behind in emails is where I do it. I will ,if I see something I like ,I will email the person with a couple prices I found somewhere else and they have always come down. I have seen where a cacher has asked ,hehe lets say WAY more than like wallyworld and emailed them. Well sure if somebody would give me 10g's for my ol 72 Buick I'll sell it.. (just as fast as 800 would get it).(~Worth 200~) this makes me shop around and do the barter.. all part of a Garage sale I guess. anyway just my 2 cents. Also I got a Garmin 72 for sale $1200.00.

Its called thread crapping. Most for sale forums on the internet have rules against it. So don't be surprised if sellers here get mad because thats not the normal way of things on the net. Right or wrong thats the way it is. What you think is over priced or what you think is a better deal are very subjective. Most often forums end up with rules about this because there is no way to prevent the abuse that usually happens when you allow people to dump on sale threads. I've seen way more abuse of this than I have seen people out to help other people so I don't think it should be allowed.

Just my opinion...

Edit to add this example-

A local target store by me once had Garmin Yellow's for $65(true story). Does that mean any time I see someone trying to sell a yellow for $60 +shipping I should post and say hey you can get a new one for that?

Edited by JeepCachr