Beeline Vs Gpx Sonar

I am new to geocaching and I am trying out the various programs. I have seen in several threads that some of you use Beeline in conjunction with GPX sonar. After playing around with both programs it seems that many of the functions of GPX sonar are included in Beeline.

It appears to me that Beeline is a pretty complete program for geocaching. You can download the GPX files and do it all with beeline instead of switching back and forth from Beeline and GPX sonar.

Am I looking at this correctly or could someone explain to me how to use both programs together? I will say that GPX sonar is able to use zipped files from geocaching.com but Beeline cannot. That is nice.

Thanks

Jeff

You are looking at this correctly. I could never figure out why others were using both. I use just BeeLine. It is the most complete and it offers excellent tech support.

Hi,

I am very new to geocaching and I am in the process of trying out beeline. So far, this does seem to be very complete, and is not a memory hog like some of the others. I did email tech support a question and want to throw the same to you. I impoted the .gpx waypoint and got to it. The message popped up saying I was there. The question I have is that in the distance to waypoint box, it still says I have approx 55 feet (or yards?) to go still til I get there. I tried manually impoutting the coordinates also and get the same issue.

What does this mean?

Are there any settings I need to adjust? thanks

The question I have is that in the distance to waypoint box, it still says I have approx 55 feet (or yards?) to go still til I get there. I tried manually impoutting the coordinates also and get the same issue.

What does this mean?

Are there any settings I need to adjust? thanks

If you have a "go to" enabled for a specific waypoint (cache), BeeLineGPS will advise you that you are within a distance threshold when near the "go to" waypoint. This distance threshold may be set by using menu item "Tools->Configuration->Map Properties...". In the map tab there is an edit box which allows you to set the "Waypoint Arrival Alarm Distance". By default it is set to 100ft. You can set it to whatever you want.

Notes: The arrival alarm only advises the user that they are near the waypoint. When acknowledged, the waypoint “go to” is still active and all trip, compass and other indicators will still point to the direction of the waypoint. After the acknowledgement and the user movers away from the waypoint 500ft, then the “go to” will disable.

Hope this answered the question - Have fun!