Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M0GEJ

Amateur Radio Tb

I appreaciate that this is a topic that could either work on this forum or the travel bug forum, but I had a thought the other day about creating an amateur radio Travel Bug and wanted to see what other radio enthusiasts thought about the idea.

Ideally this bug would have some information on it about the hobby, but I don't want it to be just a laminated information sheet. Has anyone got any ideas of what else I could attach to the tag?

cheers

Chloe 2E1IDT

I appreaciate that this is a topic that could either work on this forum or the travel bug forum, but I had a thought the other day about creating an amateur radio Travel Bug and wanted to see what other radio enthusiasts thought about the idea.

Ideally this bug would have some information on it about the hobby, but I don't want it to be just a laminated information sheet. Has anyone got any ideas of what else I could attach to the tag?

cheers

Chloe 2E1IDT

A "spare" VX7R? Just be sure to place it in a cache near me. :P hehe Seriously...how about a microphone from a now dead mobile rig, or an HT that's been deemed non-repairable? Somebody must have one lying around the shack someplace.

Andy

KB8PPE

Edited by andylphoto

Excellent idea- I have a few spare mics from my yaesu. I hadn't thought about anything like that.

I plan on releasing the TB in Italy in a few weeks time (assuming I have managed to sort it out). :P

cheers

Chloe 2E1IDT

Here's one I've had on my watchlist for a while. If I ever get a chance to grab it I'm going to use it to make a few QSO's; hopefully one will be with the owner, then I'll send it on its way.

KB9BIT

Edited by Mr. TSP