Hello World

snowolf

Greetings all, coming back to Geocaching is like waking up from the dead, sad to say that time has not been on my side lately and I have not been caching as much as I would like to.

I’m excited to see that things have changed drastically for the good, when I first started caching the pickings were scarce and active participants were few so got quite discouraged despite efforts to promote the sport.

Seems as though times have changed and GPS units have become more affordable for more and more people are joining in on this high tech treasure hunt.

Cheers for now and God bless.

Welcome back Snowolf

Can't wait to meet you and hear stories of caching in the Lowveld in the "dark ages" - it must now be like being a "kid in a candy store" compared to 2001!!

When we started caching in Oct 2005, we saw 16 caches within the (then) 160km circle of Nelspruit - half of them were in Swaziland, and the other half, except your virtual, were hidden by visitors. Now we see 160+ within an 80km circle of Nelspruit, with another 20 or so just outside the 80km circle!!!! Whoopeee!

Discombob - the Lowveld still has lots and lots of potential cache locations - we are so blessed with having such a variety of beautiful and interesting country (and history) around us.