Can Anyone Suggest A Reader/writer For Tranferring Maps?

can anyone suggest a good reader/writer (2.0 USB I guess) for transferring maps to my microSD card for my Garmin? I have a SD adapter. I looked at newegg.com and couldn't pick one out

I use a TI internal reader in my laptop. I'd say any USB 2.0 reader will work - Get the cheapest one :(

can anyone suggest a good reader/writer (2.0 USB I guess) for transferring maps to my microSD card for my Garmin? I have a SD adapter. I looked at newegg.com and couldn't pick one out

I use a TI internal reader in my laptop. I'd say any USB 2.0 reader will work - Get the cheapest one :)

I bought my USB 2.0 card reader cheap at my local grocery supermarket. Was amazed to find a great bin full of them in the soap powder aisle! :( It came with a USB extension lead. Works just great. :o

I use a TI internal reader in my laptop. I'd say any USB 2.0 reader will work - Get the cheapest one :D

I bought my USB 2.0 card reader cheap at my local grocery supermarket. Was amazed to find a great bin full of them in the soap powder aisle! :P It came with a USB extension lead. Works just great. :D

I bought a Sandisc Mobile Card Reader/Writer. It takes the transflash card without an adapter and has a slot for SD and others. Works just fine. Also, just used it for transferring files from one 'puter to another.

I bought a Sandisc Mobile Card Reader/Writer. It takes the transflash card without an adapter and has a slot for SD and others. Works just fine. Also, just used it for transferring files from one 'puter to another.

That's the SanDisk MobileMate, right? Great reader. Picked one up at Staples. Takes the 1GB transflash of my GPS (without adaptor) as well as the 2GB Highspeed SD card of my DVR. And yes, it is USB 2.0.

Jan

Edited by JanniCash

That's it! On the package it's the "Mobile Card Reader/Writer," and on the CD installation disc, it's the "Mobilemate."

That's the SanDisk MobileMate, right? Great reader. Picked one up at Staples. Takes the 1GB transflash of my GPS (without adaptor) as well as the 2GB Highspeed SD card of my DVR. And yes, it is USB 2.0.

Jan

I use a TI internal reader in my laptop. I'd say any USB 2.0 reader will work - Get the cheapest one :P

I used to take the cheap route as well. However I have a growing pile of dead/dying USB readers that no longer work. Some fell apart under moderate stress at best, others will only work on certain machines (??).

I now look a bit more carefully for a USB reader that appears to have at least a medium solid feel to it. There's some real crap out there that might work well for awhile, but then when you really need it...