Erasing Waypoints

If these are waypoints you are recording / entering manually, then more likely what the problem is is that you're pressing the Quit hard button on the unit instead of the OK soft button on the waypoint edit screen. I've run into this problem myself on a few occasions. Garmin really ought to make the unit prompt you when you press quit in such a circumstance, like just about every other piece of software currently on the market does.

Edit: O, ya, i guess there is a "delete all waypoints" on the trip reset page. That's dumb too....

Edited by hurley_108

Well I think I figured it out. When I go to reset the odometer I am applying all the little checkmarks and I think that is erasing all the waypoints. Man who knew they made it that easy to erase all your waypoints.

Yep - that'd do it!

You should check out Sputnik's Frequently Asked Questions about Garmin Map60CS (and Similar) GPS Receivers page. Lot's of great information like that there on that page.