How Cool Would It Be . . .

ozymandiasism

. . . if there is a Star Trek geocoin...

yes. I know. It's not geocaching related. It is not a personal coin. It is not a state/organization coin. Just a hypothetical question. A little fantasy you can say....

And to be able to say.. "Computer. Beam Star Trek 5973.25 geocoin to cache GC0000. Coordinate, blah blah blah..... ENERGIZE!"

okay I am a geek....

. . . if there is a Star Trek geocoin...

yes. I know. It's not geocaching related. It is not a personal coin. It is not a state/organization coin. Just a hypothetical question. A little fantasy you can say....

And to be able to say.. "Computer. Beam Star Trek 5973.25 geocoin to cache GC0000. Coordinate, blah blah blah..... ENERGIZE!"

okay I am a geek....

You could make it geocaching related without too much trouble. For instance the Federation 2005 geocoin. The reverse has the geocacher names of the family or team. Here is the front of the coin.

Dhobby1_trade_139_39123_Front100.jpg

okay I am a geek....

I'm a geek too, but a Lord of the Rings geek. I was thinking a "One Coin" was needed...one coin to rule them all...ok I'm returning to my little corner now.

heheh... I can see it now.... "The One Ring Geocoin" now available in the skymall magazine.... LOL

but, I am a LOTR geek too!

We know several Halloween addicts that think Cachers are weirder than they are

You should have been at the Champoeg C5 event. There were two large groups camping: Geocachers and Fright Night NorthWest. Talk about eccentric state park activities! Next year we're planning to coordinate (sorry for the pun) our activities to increase the level of... weirdness?

OK - this is an old thread. But ... it would be really cool if there will be a Star Trek geocoin!

So - what's up? Nothing happened! No coin available. There must be some starfleet members out there in the geocaching community?!

Creation Entertainment keeps a pretty tight noose on their copyrights they have to, to keep a quality product.) See post #3

ILYK

OK - this is an old thread. But ... it would be really cool if there will be a Star Trek geocoin!

So - what's up? Nothing happened! No coin available. There must be some starfleet members out there in the geocaching community?!

Trademark infringement, I think. Copyright laws. Express permission from Dr. Spock and the Priceline guy maybe? I'm sure the Star Trek folks have a whole starfleet of copyright lawyers.

As for Starfleet cachers, there was a Star Trek actor who geocached, until his fame got in the way of his enjoyment. First name of Will, a young character on the show. Do a search, I'm sure you'll find several threads.

OK, I see the point. All the fantastic stories, dreams, all the weaponpower, the shields, the armored starships - even the klingons: all this will be get clocked by a pack of lawyers (I've heard about lawyers in the USA - they seem to be absolutely terrifying! Here in Germany they are quite tame). Wrongful treatment in an evil world :unsure:

But some day, our time will come ... and I can wait. :D

(And meanwhile I will search for this memorial coin - nice one!)