Bally Foreigners!

Alboy

I notice lots of good useful and constructive posts by Americans, Canadians, Scandanavians and lots more other nationalities in the UK forum. B)

Just wanted to say thanks for coming to our forum, hope you like it, we appreciate your input and keep it up!

It's be interesting to know who from abroad reads and posts in our forum??

So go on, tell us about yourselves and perhaps what caching is like in your neck of the woods. I'm looking for stories of skirt-liftings, clearly!! :)

Edited by Alboy

I was only thinking the same thing the other day. It's great that people the world over have a common love of caching and it would be fascinating to hear others experiences.

I'm probably not the only one to drop into the other areas of the forums and read their news from time to time.

We're off to the USA this Friday and have already had one invitation to go out caching with local cachers which we are delighted about :)

Torry - this invitation doesn't extend to you, this is a family forum! :(

Excuse me? I happen to be VERY family-oriented... it's why I'm no longer allowed back in many parts of the northeastern United States and parts of Canada.

Actually... I've peeked in and out of the other countries' fora out of curiousity ... I rather like the UK one.

Firstly, there's the whole speaking English thing. Definitely makes it esier to figure out what's being discussed and avoiding calling someone the son of a muck-eating grub.

Secondly, you have a rather mature lively bunch that can give and take well.

Thirdly, to the best of my knowledge I am not under any legal restraining orders in any of the courts of England and can therefore post in here 24/7.

Are we very different in the UK, or do we not ge the the same as the other nations forums? This is mot a rhetorical question by the way, I am actually wondering?

Ps. Welcome Johnny forever the the babbling of us limeys.

Many of the issues you discuss in here are identical to those in the US fora... just easier to access and follow due to the lower numbers of people and posters involved. The "Is It Allowed" thread in the US forums would've been swallowed up by the sheer weight of all the other activity and fallen off the opening page by now. It would have also been about 5 pages longer with a lot of ranting about GC.com is run by Nazis and the like. The discussion we shared in the UK forum was much more ... restrained and mature... yet still lively.

I like the way your moderator does his job... Maybe a tad more heavy-handed than elsewhere but he gave us plenty of leeway for discussion as well.

You just need some snickerdoodles and a good bar in here.

... and camels. I like camels. Especially the double-humpers ... oh, yeah....

I was only thinking the same thing the other day. It's great that people the world over have a common love of caching and it would be fascinating to hear others experiences.

I'm probably not the only one to drop into the other areas of the forums and read their news from time to time.

We're off to the USA this Friday and have already had one invitation to go out caching with local cachers which we are delighted about :(

Where ya goin'? Whatcha doin'?

I notice lots of good useful and constructive posts by Americans, Canadians, Scandanavians and lots more other nationalities in the UK forum. :(

Wait a minute. You got Canadians in here? ... Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Having looked at Torry's profile OMG it's that wildlifeing Goodie.

1da1a804-acb7-4d2b-8088-79ac3db12232.jpg

Bill Oddie

bill_oddie.jpg

Torry

lolol

BareClaws

Well, If anybody here has watched that aweful American show 'Jackass', I think Torry might be Bam's father... :laughing:

To the OP, yeah, it's nice to see people from afar joining us in the UK forum, it's nice to know how us lot are seen from the outside, and to hear their views on things.

I wonder how many of us have visited any foreign forums. I know it's harder with the language barrier, and that most of the world can talk good English, but you get the point. I don't think I have ever been into one of the American forums to date...

I browse the US regions, Canadian, SA, Australasian (and other relevant sites), French and German speaking forums as I require. What really gets my dander up is when I post to "general" forums and get slated for being a Brit. A thread about fuel prices a few months ago resulted in some oik (who is a regular poster) effectively telling me I was unwelcome as I lived on the wrong side of the Atlantic. Good job I have a sense of politeness and forgiveness for a prat who has no international perspective otherwise I'd be a banned member by now.

Hang on........breathe in, breathe out. Rant over.

Sorry - my loss of sense of humour prevented me from saying that non Brits coming in here usually add something; be it wit, information or just egging us on. Keep it up guys! And those coming for advice prior to a visit, well I'd do the same and hope for a similar response.

Edited by Mr Nibbler

Here's a good example of how things are better on this side of the pond.

... and a good education .. I need to visit some other countries' forums now to learn some more.

The Original Poster stated his issue .. with vehemence... He/She received several responses and ultimately dropped the subject with a much calmer attitude.

On the other side;

- There would have been at least three new accounts created to support and echo the OP's complaint and add a few more.

- There would have been at least five posts of the :( smiley and perhaps one or two of the :shocked: smiley,

- At least four other cachers with a recent complaint about the OP would have chimed in with comments about previous posts, rants raves, tirades caching habits or personal hygiene comments.

- There would have been a minimum of two pictures of a llama.

- The OP would have eventually worked his/her way up to such a fury that he/she would archive all of his/her caches and create a bookmark list attacker a third party who made the error of posting a counter argument.

- At some point a bit of dry wit from a guy in a white lab coat and citing specific quotes, posts and gc.com rules would fall on deaf ears.

- As the OP was approaching the bursting point a masive influx of posters froma certain off-topic thread would re-direct the angst to the total re-railment of the thread.

- A fourth moderator would eventually have to close the thread.

- The OP would head off to another thread with a similar topic and try to re-hash his/her argument all over again.

Well here is an open invitation to any visiting Foreigners that happen to be in the UK at the end of August/first weekend in September. This event is taking place and we have spare camping gear available to anyone who wants to join in the fun.

There will also be a hogroast on the Saturday night so book early.

Less than hour from Manchester airport and about 4 hours from London but well worth the trip.

Well here is an open invitation to any visiting Foreigners that happen to be in the UK at the end of August/first weekend in September. This event is taking place and we have spare camping gear available to anyone who wants to join in the fun.

There will also be a hogroast on the Saturday night so book early.

Less than hour from Manchester airport and about 4 hours from London but well worth the trip.

Why did the mailman just deliver a one-way trip ticket to Heathrow? I don't know if I'll be able to afford the return trip.