"oh No, Not A _________!"

Typically in this manner: "Oh no! Not another Jayhawk Fan!"

Purple supporters are so jealous of the NATIONAL CHAMPION JAYHAWKS!

BTW has a K State team ever been a national champion of anything?

Let me rephrase what I said: "Oh no! Not another arrogant Jayhawk fan!"

It's amazing how those championships always seem to coincide with probations and "Lack of Institutional Control" tags.

Good thing the NCAA doesn't have testicles anymore.

"oh No, Not Another park that doesn't allow dogs!" And it's worse when the cache hider doesn't bother to note that in the attributes.

Also, as plenty of others have said, "oh No, Not A stupid, useless non-hint!" If you can't say something useful, don't say anything. You're not being cute, you're being a jerk. It wasn't funny the first time, and it was even less funny the five hundredth time.

Oh, no! Not another

medium sized tubawear container with surprises inside for finders.

This one has me a bit worried! :D What do tubas wear?!? I'm hoping it's just the strangest misspelling of 'Tupperware' that I've ever seen. And, do I really want to find a tubawear container with surprises??? I'll wait for someone else to FTF it.

Hey, at least it wouldn't be a lame micro! :D:anibad:

Do you ever say "Oh No, not a ______! when arriving at the coords.

I guess my biggest "Oh No, not another ____" is commercial property caches. Often I can figure these out by the name, and delete them from my PQ, but on occasion, some slip by. When my 60CSx points me toward a 500 acre, blistering blacktop parking lot, I head elsewhere. The exception is when my wife joins me on a cache run. She seems to like these dismal voids of creativity.

Edited by Clan Riffster

Oh no! Not another busy national road with huge speeding trucks to run across!!

I kind of go along with this. I drive one of those huge trucks "going the speed limit that just seems fast to others because of our size", and cache with safety on my mind as well.

I have no problem climbing something, looking under something, am guilty on many counts of sticking my hand in somewhere without first checking closely for critters. I don't want to worry about a cacher or their children trying to cross the highway in front of me without looking. Roads are for vehicles, not a playground.

All I ask is a safe place to park off the road surface where my vehicle or myself won't get hit by some idiot on a cell phone. If crossing the highway is necessary, hopefully there is a bridge or traffic control device (light or stop sign) near which slows traffic. Yes, I do understand that we cache at our own risk, and I accept that entirely. But I would rather cache than be a highway fatality!

There are many places along the highways that would be great places to hide caches. But I'll not oblige them if it will needlessly put others at risk. Not just cachers, but vehicles and pedestrians along the road are hazards to drivers as well, dodging them may cause swerving into something else.

Edited by Trucker Lee

I am just sick of showing up at a cache site only to find out that it's another micro hidden in a pine tree. I have seen some well done peanut butter jars and bigger containers hanging in pine trees, but micros? I thought caches are meant to be found? So, with that in mind, I have added to my caching bag a nice pair of ratcheting shears. Next time I show up for a micro that's in a pine tree, I will start lopping. Gas is too expensive to just leave without getting something (a smiley, I don't mind a DNF on an honest to goodness cache) in return. If this pisses people off, too bad. Next time you might want mention the pine tree on your cache page. What a waste of time. :ph34r:

I kind of go along with this. I drive one of those huge trucks "going the speed limit that just seems fast to others because of our size", and cache with safety on my mind as well.

I feel your pain. Went to find a cache the other day, and its up next to a major interstate. Cache owner said to approach from a surface street, which unfortunately does not have curb-side parking due to a posted bike lane, and no side streets or parking lots within half a mile.

In looking at the logs, it appears many have parked on the shoulder of the highway to retrieve this one -- not too smart.

Oh, no! Not another

medium sized tubawear container with surprises inside for finders.

This one has me a bit worried! :sad: What do tubas wear?!? I'm hoping it's just the strangest misspelling of 'Tupperware' that I've ever seen. And, do I really want to find a tubawear container with surprises??? I'll wait for someone else to FTF it.

LOL

I really found some Tubawear!

I have not been caching long enough to say oh No, Not......

There are so few caches in this country, so I love every cache, even if it is a micro, nano or whatever

Edited by okvalle

I hate caches placed in a sacred memorial to honor those that sacrificed their lives for our country. :sad: :sad: :huh:

Jerk.

I think this reply was rude and inappropriate. I read mcope's response to mean he feels placing a cache in/on a memorial is disrespectful to the heroes it honors.

Yeah, the whole caches in a cemetery / memorial thing bugs me as well. These places are sacred and special and intended for family and friends, not a bunch of outsiders tromping around digging in the bushes, etc...

Edited by qlenfg

"Oh no, not thorns."

There's something about the way my mind works that subconsciously directs me to every thorn bush around Ground Zero before checking anywhere else. Hmm-- there's an area about ten feet that way that looks like it could hold a cache, but there are thorns in the way. I'd better make sure.

I then proceed to execute the most brilliant series of contortions and slitherings in order to avoid the thorns and reach that suspected area, only to find that there's no cache there anyway. That, of course, necessitates another set of writhings and twistings as I try to get back out.

Then the cache is about five feet away, in a stump, under stacked pieces of bark and twigs-- you know, the obvious location.

"Oh no, not another person."

Having had a couple of hostile near-confrontations this year while not geocaching, I've come to have an unfortunately high level of paranoia about other people when I'm out in public. When I'm caching, I worry about other passersby partially because of the Muggle factor, but also because I have this incredibly irrational paranoia that they could be people with ill intent toward me. Being 17, I can't legally carry a knife yet, and with my slight frame, I don't strike an imposing figure at all.

It's irrational, and I recognize that, but it's still an unfortunate paranoia of mine.

"Oh no, not sirens!"

Whenever I hear police sirens, my heart speeds up a few beats per minute. Of course, I'm not doing anything wrong, and it would be easy to explain, but I'd hate to have that unfortunate run-in anyway. Luckily, they've never been for me. So far.

I'm sure I have more, but that's what I can come up with so far.

Edited by SpencerDub

I am just sick of showing up at a cache site only to find out that it's another micro hidden in a pine tree. I have seen some well done peanut butter jars and bigger containers hanging in pine trees, but micros? I thought caches are meant to be found? So, with that in mind, I have added to my caching bag a nice pair of ratcheting shears. Next time I show up for a micro that's in a pine tree, I will start lopping. Gas is too expensive to just leave without getting something (a smiley, I don't mind a DNF on an honest to goodness cache) in return. If this pisses people off, too bad. Next time you might want mention the pine tree on your cache page. What a waste of time. :ph34r:

Wow; so you're gonig to start vandalizing other people's caches because they don't match your personal tastes? I'm sure those people that DO enjoy hunting for those will really appreciate that (not to mention the cache owner). Think of people besides yourself much?

Edited by golfgunny

OH NO, NOT ANOTHER GUARDRAIL CACHE!!!

Somehow there are always a few of those we never can get the hang of...

ALSO...

Oh No, not another cache in a lousy non-waterproof container where the container is flooded and the log and everything else in the container is soaked!

(We found one of these once. We did some minor cache repair and then notified the cache owner. He never did write back, actually...)

Edited by end13

Do you ever say "Oh No, not a ______! when arriving at the coords. Here are the places I say that.

1. Caches hidden in or near playground equipment. Being a 43 year old man and caching alone I fit the profile of a child molester therefore I get plenty of stares from protective parents while walking about a playground. It makes the parents and me uncomfortable. One parent even though my GPRr was a camera and confronted me about it. I now pass on any playground that has children around.

2. Caboose, tank and train engine. I think every one of these items are cool to see, especially an old stream train, but can be very frustrating to me if it is a well camoed container. I give up and look at the hint sooner on these caches then any other. On a tank was at a busy intersection, I had to climb on its top to find it in a vent slot. Another was a fake "bolt" on a steam engine. The hint was "A BOLT", give me a break, there are more then a few bolts on a steam engine! I did find it purely by luck.

3. Large rock piles (rip rap). I dislike walking across acres of boulders or broken cement to the coordinates and seeing everything looking exactly alike, not one clue on were to start looking. (It also seems the coords are always off in rock piles.) While walking the boulders are rolling under your feet. While looking you have to roll the rocks away and one always seems to roll and hit my shin or land on my feet. A surgeon in the KC areas had a rock roll into his hand and crush it. He need surgery to repair it.

4. Caches hidden in Eastern Cedar trees. The location can be incredibly beautiful but seeing a cache in a cedar tree make me say "OH, NO Not a cedar tree!!" Put it in poison ivy and I don't care, I'll reach in and grab it but not in a cedar tree because any bare skin of mine that rubs cedar branches will break out in a rash and itch like crazy.

Do you have any places that make you say "Oh No, Not a _________!!"? :)

Rock walls - I struggle mightily to find any cache in a rock wall. :laughing:

Oh no . . . not a bison tube hanging in a bush.

I can be looking right at the cache, less than a foot away from it, and still not see it . . . <_<

oh, no, not a thorn bush!!

Oh, no! not one of those teensy-weensy barely-the-width-of-your-pinky-fingernail micro containers where the logbook shreds after the second person writes their name on it and then stuffs it back into the container before barely getting the lid back on tight which then leads to a soggy, shredded logbook

ditto the dreaded list, my worst is the one where I have to reach up/in/under some dank organic matter and try to feel around for the cache.

oh, No, Not another micro in an old stump.

Around here old stumps can be 10 feet or more in height and up to 15 feet in diameter with lots of woodpecker holes.

the cactus :lol:

Bee Box :mad:

Oh no! Not another Russian Olive tree. (huge thorns)

Oh no!! Not another dog poop area. :)

shrub hunt........

Oh No.... not another cache hiddin in a Juniper! :ph34r:

Oh, No! Not another cache hidden in, on or around a High Voltage box!

Ammo box tucked neatly under some ferns..

I have copy/pasted things on this on up until now.

You guys are right... however, try looking for...

a geowalnut- actually looks like a walnut, complete with tiny nano-sized container and log.

an electical cover- ditto container and log

a geogum- yes I'm serious! ditto log and container.

a geopoop- yes, I am still serious! ditto again.

a geobird- yes, a realistic- looking bird. Not a micro though. Still hard to find. Ditto again.

a pinecone. again ditto.

Laughing yet? :P How about groaning? Keep reading.

any small or tiny container like a tiny bison tube camo'ed.

any small or tiny container glued to something like dead shelf fungus. Yes, that's right! I have seen that on a website before!

a stick cache- drill or cut open a stick or any basic peice of wood and hollow it out and wallah, a cache container. B)

a specially- made light bulb complete with its own socket.

a mushroom- paper mache, or otherwise.

a geofloater- I think it is one of those floaters for fishing.

a film container- no not a canister the actual container that holds the film! Yes that's right.

a grass or moss container. :laughing:

Groaning... Laughing... I can tell it is going on. Keep reading.

a dummy dome camera- you know, one of those back dome-like things on the ceiling of stores and other places.

a sprinkler head- yep, they just keep on coming. :(

And you can make many, many, more CUSTOM geocaches yourself. :):D Search the web or start from scratch. And, one more thing, don't forget your logs and geocaching stickers for your caches, if you want to put them on, as well as other geocaching stuff. Have fun! :D:P

Edited by greenworldfeather

...micro in the woods listed as an unknown size!!

While I don't care too much for micros in the woods, I care even less for the ones I can't filter out...

I like the little quote at the bottom of the cache page that says this, but I also have just alittle trouble with it because of the religion I participate in. ;)

Ten Commandments of Geocaching.

I. Thou shalt have no other hobbies before geocaching.

II. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven avatar.

III. Thou shalt not take the name of Dave Ulmer in vain.

IV. Remember the caching day, to keep it holy.

V. Honour thy coordinates and thy waypoints.

VI. Thou shalt not kill the joy of other geocachers.

VII. Thou shalt not commit geocide.

VIII. Thou shalt not steal a cache.

IX. Thou shalt not bear false witness in thy neighbour's cache logs.

X. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's GPSr.

--Mozartman

oh no not another cacher complaining about a "bad cache" quit complaining and get out there and find caches for crying out loud!!!!

Ditto.. Is there a cache out there that can make everyone happy?? Against my better judgement, I've been following this LAME thread.

No, because everybody is different and has different likes and dislikes. Besides, I can't help really but refer to Gods' plan on this one. You can't force everybody to like(or dislike) something, because that would take away their free agency. So, you MIGHT want to think on that one for a while, everyone, before you post something like this again. Thanks. ;)

I am just sick of showing up at a cache site only to find out that it's another micro hidden in a pine tree. I have seen some well done peanut butter jars and bigger containers hanging in pine trees, but micros? I thought caches are meant to be found? So, with that in mind, I have added to my caching bag a nice pair of ratcheting shears. Next time I show up for a micro that's in a pine tree, I will start lopping. Gas is too expensive to just leave without getting something (a smiley, I don't mind a DNF on an honest to goodness cache) in return. If this pisses people off, too bad. Next time you might want mention the pine tree on your cache page. What a waste of time. ;)

Wow; so you're gonig to start vandalizing other people's caches because they don't match your personal tastes? I'm sure those people that DO enjoy hunting for those will really appreciate that (not to mention the cache owner). Think of people besides yourself much?

I agree with you there. But I also agree with the person who originally replied to this post more. How would you like it if you found someone lopping away at your plants, shrubs, and trees that provide shade and relief from the heat, not to mention fruit and nuts that you can dry and nibble on and put in pies and stuff throughout the year, provide fun leaf piles for the kids and grandkids around there, provide wood for the winter to keep warm, pretty flowers and springtime scents that you can smell throughout the spring, and sometimes virtually the whole year. Also what if they just happened to be the ones that you had to pay $200 to get. ALSO, what if they were the ones that you had just pruned or trimmed to look nice, that took you all afternoon or all day or week to get done? Why don't you ponder on that for a while, and then come back and tell us how YOU would feel. Then add to that the work that your wife or kids had just labored over to look nice? How do you think other people would feel? Because to say that you can just do anything you want, just so YOU can find the cache(not to mention ruining the fun and challenge of finding it for the next cacher), demonstates to us that you have to intellectual, emotional and social capacity of an immature spoiled whiny teenager who thinks that whole world revolves around them and nothing else matters besides them, not only to mention that you are about as smart as a donkey. Thank you.

...not another cache in/near a homeless camp.

I'm new to the sport but these bug the crap out of me. They are dirty and potentially dangerous, and I always feel like it's rude to be poking around someone's living room. I have passed on a few of these.

I think I found one of the ones you are talking about. I took my kids and nephews to find this one near Citrus Heights and it was totally in a homeless camp. No one was home but I didn't know where to look, was I really going to go through someone's stuff? Luckily I spotted the container made a quick sign and trades and replaced it before the kids got too deep back. These totally suck.

I also hate hiking a mile or more to find a micro. If it is a mile plus hike HIDE SOMETHING WORTH FINDING, not a film container in an obvious place with a wet log. ;)

35mm film container in apost with a hole drilled through it. Mind you, you can see it at both end. bottom camoed sides camoed top bright white as my butt in the sun. Kind of reminds of the e-mails where someone is painting lines in the road and goes around a branch or a dead animal and no more straight line. Come on people take some pride. :laughing:

For me its: Oh no, not a guardrail! - There is a cacher in my area who puts these tiny little containers (well camo'd) on guardrails next to busy roads. I hate searching around guardrails on busy roads.

Oh no, not a high-profile location! In front of a store, or in a bush next to a real busy intersection.

Oh no, not under a bench! I hate searching under the bench, and usually there is someone sitting on it when I get there...

Oh no, not zip tied to a pine tree! For some reason I hate these caches. They take a while to find, and all the while you're getting poked! Again, there is a cacher in my area who loves these hides.

-

As for playgrounds, I hate those too. There is this one cache near me that is in a playground. It's missing now, and goes missing a lot, probably from kids finding it. Fortunately, when I went to search for it, the park was empty...

Forgot to add that I hate caches under bridges!

Edited by NortonPanthers

Do you ever say "Oh No, not a ______! when arriving at the coords. Here are the places I say that.

Do you have any places that make you say "Oh No, Not a _________!!"?

glad I am not just being a wuss so early in the game, LOL. Yes am starting to pass some up (like last night) due to location. Location, size, location.

I'm not real game on entering bushy overgrown areas unless maybe it was something yummy in there like a geocoin. For a micro? No way. I'm here for the fun guys, not the smileys. Still, got a walk in the park with the dog so that was okay.

I'm not getting out in an area that doesn't have the remotest eye appeal AND appears to be right next to an area that where woman along probably shouldn't be walking around in the evening (or any time maybe) and besides that, I could not find a decent place to park. Not sure I'd have felt safe anyway. I said appeared as don't want to make too much of a judgement but.. I wasn't getting out of the car there.

I'm not into micros that are so well hidden and in such public areas that hunting for them becomes more of a contest to be discreet than it does to find the micro. Is it really worth it? Probably not.

Prefer the cactus<G>, prefer the hike, prefer interesting places. I'm in this to have fun and get out of doors. I don't want to go trashy places, risky places (wish they'd say on the cache page, don't do this one late or after dark!), etc etc..

Oh well. To each their own!

Do you have any places that make you say "Oh No, Not a _________!!"?

glad I am not just being a wuss so early in the game, LOL. Yes am starting to pass some up (like last night) due to location. Location, size, location.

I'm not real game on entering bushy overgrown areas unless maybe it was something yummy in there like a geocoin. For a micro? No way. I'm here for the fun guys, not the smileys. Still, got a walk in the park with the dog so that was okay.

I'm not getting out in an area that doesn't have the remotest eye appeal AND appears to be right next to an area that where woman along probably shouldn't be walking around in the evening (or any time maybe) and besides that, I could not find a decent place to park. Not sure I'd have felt safe anyway. I said appeared as don't want to make too much of a judgement but.. I wasn't getting out of the car there.

I'm not into micros that are so well hidden and in such public areas that hunting for them becomes more of a contest to be discreet than it does to find the micro. Is it really worth it? Probably not.

Prefer the cactus<G>, prefer the hike, prefer interesting places. I'm in this to have fun and get out of doors. I don't want to go trashy places, risky places (wish they'd say on the cache page, don't do this one late or after dark!), etc etc..

Oh well. To each their own!

I'm with you. New and don't want to offend anyone but gave up micros this weekend. Have debated the issue with myself and came up with this: It's easy to hide and little to maintain. I would love to see the micro-maniacs hide a regualr or large in an equally inconspicous manner. That's where the talent lies.

Having had the joy of searching for a cache in a crumbling rock wall, let me say I won't do it again. I'll just take the DNF, no matter how far I've traveled. It wasn't just that there were a zillion places to look. I was constantly worried that one would fall and smash my foot. Plus, it destroys the wall, bit by bit.

But the worst is "Oh no, not a fence post micro!!" You know, where you have to climb a chain link fence, pull a cap off a post, and look inside. Then you climb down, walk to the next post, do it again, and again, and again.

I don't think anybody mentioned this yet. Probably because there are few cache owners that sadistic. I only did that search one time because I was trying to get my first FTF. I never found it. Maybe it was never there, which would be part of the plan if they were trying to be really evil about it. Later somebody did find it, or at least they claimed to.

Edited by oakenwood

Oh No, not another cache where the cache owner told you exactly what and where it is in the description. For example: It is a 5" by 7" tupperware container with a blue lid that's under some brush behind the fallen log that's about ten feet off the trail just after the footbridge. I mean come on, how is that any fun? Where's the mystery?

I know! I just payed $160 for a GPSr. Let me try it out please.

Oh no not a... "Micro in a palm tree." Others may be able to find these, but not us! A untrimed palm has like thousands of nooks that can hold a bison tube or film container. Plus there is all the fronds and ditrius that the tree drops. You really need a rake and a ladder! If we do not find it in 20 min we go find another. B)

Oh no not a..."micro listed as a small." Logbook only? Then it is a micro. Can't fit the smallest TB or swag? Then it is a micro. :P

Okay, this slightly off topic, but here goes. When reading logs:

"Oh no, not another blabber mouth!" :)

I've recently been seeing logs by a specific person who is giving W-A-Y too much detail, not only their logs, but also in notes added later to address questions - in detail - posted by others, whether they DNF'd or not. (One of those logs was apparently modified by the CO, because it didn't read the same a few days later.)

Come on - we're in this for the challenge, aren't we???