"oh No, Not A _________!"

Man, not another flipping film can/match container/bison tube hidden in a 50 acre plus wooded area/state park.

I mean, come on... if you cant afford a ammo can then at least state that its a flippin micro/small container & dont list it as a unknown size.

And then list a lousy hint when the coords indicate its at least 50 ft away with a differiental of of less than 18ft.

I'm now planning on placing a mess of match containers extremely well camoed just to get back at certain people. In heavily wooded areas.

I could care less if people pass up on my caches or try shunning me, that just makes me even happier :P

Wet shopping bags can be found in caches when people leave them as CITO items but the container doesnt get closed properly. If thats not what Criminal means well then, no idea.

:edit for typo:

Edited by DiS02

Wet shopping bags can be found in caches when people leave them as CITO items but the container doesnt get closed properly. If thats not what Criminal means well then, no idea.

It used to be common around here to find cheap Gladware-type containers wrapped in plastic grocery shopping bags, as if that was going to keep them dry for long. Thankfully, that practice has pretty much gone away. Cache pages without a stated cache size are my pet peeve.

Already mentioned but, "Oh No, not another micro alongside a major highway!" We were recently visiting relatives in Florida and tried to get a little local caching in. The first 3 caches we visited were all micros within 0.2 miles of each other along a major highway. We drove up, took a quick look, got back in the car and moved on. Pretty hard to be stealthy with all the cars whizzing by.

It used to be common around here to find cheap Gladware-type containers wrapped in plastic grocery shopping bags, as if that was going to keep them dry for long. Thankfully, that practice has pretty much gone away. Cache pages without a stated cache size are my pet peeve.

Here in the Pacific Northwest it used to be common to come upon a cache container wrapped in a shopping bag or a trash bag. They were always tied in a knot, which was beyond frustrating to untie with cold wet hands. I found one recently, it was an ammo can!

The perfect thread for me. xD

1. Lamp Post Caches. SO BORING. Enough said.

2. Pine Tree Caches. Oi. These are the most irritating things ever. They hide a nano in the driest, pokiest, thickest pine trees they can find, and as close to the stalk as possible. :mad:

3. Rock Caches. Hint: Under a rock. When we get there, there's about 500 rocks that all fit the description.

4. Parking Garage Nanos. Especially the ones hidden on the bottom side of the walkway to the building...

oh no not a bus stop! What the heck are you supposed to say when someone walks up with out your knowledge and you are un der the bench? or you are sitting there and the bus pulls up and you don't get on? or you are under the bench and the bus pulls up? I also Hate the caches that you go look for that are in town and you just get out and walk straight to it. Another cache I hate are the ones placed by cachers who don't know how to rate. If you are going to hide a cache, put it in an ammo box had hide it on the worst 4x4 trail you can find.

Edited by Jeepstr

3. Rock Caches. Hint: Under a rock. When we get there, there's about 500 rocks that all fit the description.

Stump caches are the same problem around here, esp. when the reception jumps around! There are always 100 different possible stumps! It's not so bad if it's a ammo box, but smaller caches are hard to find.

I often find myself complaining about rock fields. Rocks, rocks, rocks everywhere. And as mentioned the hint always reads "tucked between two rocks".

Rock fields, poorly hidden micros, puzzle caches that have you reading signs and taking dates, etc. Although I complain about them, I usually end up doing them anyway.

I understand that everybody has their own type of cache they like to hide and find, but the number one thing I find most annoying.... .... .... finding parking for a cache.

I understand that some of the really awesome locations that are super hard to get to require you to "park creatively" but I just can't stand worrying about my vehicle while caching. When I mean worry, I mean, am I parked legally? Can I expect a ticket on my windshield? Will it be towed away? Is it in a good spot, meaning will it get hit by another car?

I would drive down the road a bit farther to find better parking, but I hate to walk on the road anymore than I have to. The people around here don't give you an inch. Either they truly don't see you walking on the side of the road, or they just don't care. Heck for all I know, they could be playing a game trying to get close to me. I think the goal of that game is to get so close to me, when they look in their mirror they can already see the pee stains on my jeans... jerks.

... not another cold wet shopping bag!"

Actually I've never found a cache that is a cold wet shopping bag. All sorts of other containers, to be sure.

I think he means an ammo box or tupperware wrapped in a cold wet shopping bag, placed by the cache owner with the horribly mistaken assumption it would protect the container, when actually plastic bags attract, rather then repel moisture, and are a breeding ground for slimy, creepy crawly insects. It's pretty much a regional thing in some areas, a "monkey see, monkey do" sort of thing.

Speaking of which, I see many regional "oh no's" in this thread. :huh:

Sign me up for Oh No, not another micro in a pine tree which I believe DocDitto said. Can't see them to save my life. Even if it's a decon container, which is not even a micro.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Actually I've never found a cache that is a cold wet shopping bag. All sorts of other containers, to be sure.

I think he means an ammo box or tupperware wrapped in a cold wet shopping bag, placed by the cache owner with the horribly mistaken assumption it would protect the container, when actually plastic bags attract, rather then repel moisture, and are a breeding ground for slimy, creepy crawly insects. It's pretty much a regional thing in some areas, a "monkey see, monkey do" sort of thing.

Speaking of which, I see many regional "oh no's" in this thread. <_<

Sign me up for Oh No, not another micro in a pine tree which I believe DocDitto said. Can't see them to save my life. Even if it's a decon container, which is not even a micro.

I am not anticipating the day that I reach for the black garbage hidden under a tree in the middle of woods, and find out that there is no cache inside, yet something else much less desired. :P

We haven't found a cache yet that has really bothered us one way or the other. Then again there are not many in our area. The only exception was a cache at a rest stop we prayed the dog didn't whiz on. The gps was taking us towards a bush another road tripper was walking their dog by when he took a leak. When we got to it sure enough it was the same bush. Luckily though the little varmint missed.

Oh no . . . not another cache hidden next to a busy road near trash, discarded clothing, and broken concrete, with a hint that does not pertain to the cache:

51756dca-7747-4260-8d85-4d318313430b.jpg

And, after that one . . .

Oh No . . . not another suburban cache with coordinates that are off by 50 feet . . . B)

Is that supposed to be "fun?" :lol:

After three successive DNFs yesterday, I went out and placed four, easy-to-find caches along a hiking trail. That was way more fun :)

1. Caches hidden in or near playground equipment. Being a 43 year old man and caching alone I fit the profile of a child molester therefore I get plenty of stares from protective parents while walking about a playground. It makes the parents and me uncomfortable. One parent even though my GPRr was a camera and confronted me about it. I now pass on any playground that has children around.

Thats unfortunate. The news has gotten people so scared. Too bad its becoming socially unacceptable for a guy to walk in a playground.

"oh No, Not A person who complains about caches on playgrounds!"

edit to add:

"oh No, Not Another cache wrapped with that cheap looking duct tape!"

"oh No, Not A magnetic key holder!" (I mean you're not really hiding keys.)

Edited by knight2000

I have one for ya... what I call "Crawl unders". A cache that you have to crawl under a dock or into a storm drain to retreive. (for example) Not always is this listed in the cache page, cause I would avoid it if it did. I've ruined a lot of jeans and bare skin in those situations. :rolleyes:

OK , How about "under a rock..... under a virtual quarry of rocks? OR.......How 'Bout ......under a tree --- in a forest full of trees?

Oh NO! Not another "under a park bench" micro...

Here in Okinawa the children don't go home after school..they hang out in the parks on ALL the park benches for HOURS! even on Saturday.

Waste several hours just to find out that the cache i had thought would be fun to find two weeks earlier was gone a week after i thought that.

(I learned to check cache logs the night before I go out now)

oh yeah, just remembered these...

NOT ANOTHER "Put in a tin and disguised like trash under a bush out in the open cache" *Found some of these in California*

-or-

Not Another "Cache with nothing really cool to see but the local people staring at you like they want your wallet" *found one or two of these in Thailand*

Oh No, not another cache where the cache owner told you exactly what and where it is in the description. For example: It is a 5" by 7" tupperware container with a blue lid that's under some brush behind the fallen log that's about ten feet off the trail just after the footbridge. I mean come on, how is that any fun? Where's the mystery?

In a mass of juniper bushes. Hate that. Poison ivy is up there too, but the hubby isn't allergic so I send him in for those. :D I did catch myself saying "Oh, no," when the description for one geocache I thought about doing read "some minor rock climbing involved." This acrophobic said no way.

Chris

Edited by wayfarer222

Oh No, not another cache where the cache owner told you exactly what and where it is in the description. For example: It is a 5" by 7" tupperware container with a blue lid that's under some brush behind the fallen log that's about ten feet off the trail just after the footbridge. I mean come on, how is that any fun? Where's the mystery?

Sounds to me like that person was a letterboxer recently turned geocacher. They might have mistakenly thought that you needed to give exact clues along with the coordinates.

I'm with you though. Sometimes too much information diminishes the fun and challenge.

Oh No, Not another cache where I am on one side of the creek and the GPS is pointing to the other side!

(this happened to me again today). :blink:

I have a history of falling into creeks. Or crossing them, then the GPS points back to the side I was originally on. :laughing:

My least favorite caches are:

Film canisters in pine trees or a wall of ivy plants.

Micros hidden on street corners with lots of traffic.

Caches placed in 50 acre beautiful parks and the cache is placed in the poison ivy or thorn bushes.

Do you ever say "Oh No, not a ______! when arriving at the coords. Here are the places I say that.

1. Caches hidden in or near playground equipment. Being a 43 year old man and caching alone I fit the profile of a child molester therefore I get plenty of stares from protective parents while walking about a playground. It makes the parents and me uncomfortable. One parent even though my GPRr was a camera and confronted me about it. I now pass on any playground that has children around.

2. Caboose, tank and train engine. I think every one of these items are cool to see, especially an old stream train, but can be very frustrating to me if it is a well camoed container. I give up and look at the hint sooner on these caches then any other. On a tank was at a busy intersection, I had to climb on its top to find it in a vent slot. Another was a fake "bolt" on a steam engine. The hint was "A BOLT", give me a break, there are more then a few bolts on a steam engine! I did find it purely by luck.

3. Large rock piles (rip rap). I dislike walking across acres of boulders or broken cement to the coordinates and seeing everything looking exactly alike, not one clue on were to start looking. (It also seems the coords are always off in rock piles.) While walking the boulders are rolling under your feet. While looking you have to roll the rocks away and one always seems to roll and hit my shin or land on my feet. A surgeon in the KC areas had a rock roll into his hand and crush it. He need surgery to repair it.

4. Caches hidden in Eastern Cedar trees. The location can be incredibly beautiful but seeing a cache in a cedar tree make me say "OH, NO Not a cedar tree!!" Put it in poison ivy and I don't care, I'll reach in and grab it but not in a cedar tree because any bare skin of mine that rubs cedar branches will break out in a rash and itch like crazy.

Do you have any places that make you say "Oh No, Not a _________!!"?

Actually I've never found a cache that is a cold wet shopping bag.
I haven't either! That must really suck! Anyhow, that means I have something else to not look forward too in the future.... :D

I know what you mena. here where i am it is on no noanother guard rail. or mile marker. being creative is cool. but quit repeating yourself

Actually I've never found a cache that is a cold wet shopping bag.
I haven't either! That must really suck! Anyhow, that means I have something else to not look forward too in the future.... :D

I know what you mena. here where i am it is on no noanother guard rail. or mile marker. being creative is cool. but quit repeating yourself, when you put a cache on all the #1 mile marker in are it is quite evident you do not need a GPS to find it, just go to mile marker retrive it. what is the sport in that?

I'm surprised nobody's said

Oh no not a cache in a sprinkler head!

After I found one, it was so hard not to disassemble every one I came across, and I hope I didn't break anything. Not a bad idea, except that it makes me want to destroy public property. I won't touch 'em now and I always wonder if I can't find this cache because it's in the sprinkler head?..

I have a history of falling into creeks. Or crossing them, then the GPS points back to the side I was originally on.

Had one of those. It sucked.

I've been employed in conservation most of my life. I hate to come across a cache that tramples on what I perceive as sensitive ground. So many other places to hide a cache.

Chris

I'll add my two cents.... I hate finding a cache at a location that I would never visit otherwise. Examples of these would be cache in some forsaken alley, behind a retail store, on the side of any old regular street.

Come on people! Show me the beautiful parts of your neighborhood! Introduce me to a place that I'd want to visit again while not caching!

Location, location, location!

I'll add my two cents.... I hate finding a cache at a location that I would never visit otherwise. Examples of these would be cache in some forsaken alley, behind a retail store, on the side of any old regular street.

Come on people! Show me the beautiful parts of your neighborhood! Introduce me to a place that I'd want to visit again while not caching!

Location, location, location!

Uh-oh, the Defeners Of Lame Things will be along to challenge that statment. We are to be grateful for all cache hides, no matter where there are placed.

Edited by Klatch
<snip>

I've been employed in conservation most of my life. I hate to come across a cache that tramples on what I perceive as sensitive ground. So many other places to hide a cache.

Chris

I found a cache like that. My FTF log was somewhat critical of its placement more than 80' off the trail. The cache owner was new, respected what I said, and moved the cache closer to the existing trail. :tired:

-dont know if anyone has said this one yet, but: Oh no, Not another friggin' Wal-Mart cache

-also, those tiny magnetic micro's, where you spend all day trying to unroll the log, sign it writing as small as you possibly can, then roll it back up hopefully without tearing it. Nice...