Printed Sunscreen For Car.

I have attended a couple of cache events this year and when attending cache events or cache sites i have had displayed in my car a sunscreen which states " Team Vorvik - Cache me if you can ". This refers to the fact that the car is a TB named "Cache me if you can" and is owned by, you guessed it "Team Vorvik".

Several people have asked me where i bought it from and i told them i bought it whilst on holiday in Cornwall and that it wasn't too expensive but couldn't remember exactly how much it cost?

I have just returned from visiting my parents in Cornwall and i called into the shop where i purchased my sunscreen and asked if they would be willing to offer a mailing service for anyone who wanted a similar sunscreen, the mangeress of the shop would be only too willing to offer this service to anyone who would like one, you can have whatever you wanted printed on the screen you can also have any photo/graphic added at no extra cost. The screens measure approx 17" x 15" (43cm x 38cm) and the initial cost of the sunscreens are £3.99 (postage would be extra but she didnt think it would be too much as they are very light).

The managers name is Lynda Eva and she can be contacted via email at:- camborne@qprint.co.uk

the shops address is:- 45 Trelowarren Street, Camborne, Cornwall TR14 8AQ or you may phone her on:-

01209 719990.

I hope that by putting this information here that i do not upset anyone, as stated i have been asked in the past for information about the sunscreen and am just trying to pass this information on. I am in no way connected or related to this company so am not doing this for any personal gain.

Team Vorvik

I take it that at that size it's a side window screen, would be impressive on a front window screen though. Saw a green car at the event on Sunday with Geocaching.Com in white on the back under the number plate, that looked quite good as well. well a bit more upmarket than a frog on the aeriel ! B):)

I hope that by putting this information here that i do not upset anyone, as stated i have been asked in the past for information about the sunscreen and am just trying to pass this information on. I am in no way connected or related to this company so am not doing this for any personal gain.

Team Vorvik

No problem at all :) Sounds like an excellent service, thanks.

I don't think 'Cache me if you can' is going to mean much to the average car-fiddler. That dried-lick-ring on the window from the satnav is much more of an advert. 'Nothing of value is left in this car' might be a good (if not very 'cachey') slogan?

Um, that's as bad as the 'No tools kept in this van overnight' stickers plastered all over the backs of vans up and down the country. In my opinion, that's like a neon sign flashing away saying 'there are some nice powetools in the back of this thing!'

You are right, any cache related slogan will not mean a thing to most, especially the poeple who would think about nicking things from cars. People will wonder what on earth they mean though!

I must be sad. I already have a www.geocaching.com decal in the back window of my car

and a signal frog on the aerial. I like the sound of these sunscreens too.

Is it possible to get an image file of the Travel Bug symbol (the barcode thingy)

and the Geocaching.com logo (the four-colour one).

Are we allowed to use these symbols?

i saw your lovley sun screan at Carry on Camping but didnt realise it was a tb.

my car is a tb 2 though i have had trouble with things like the sunscreans as they dont seam to like my tinted windows. which is a shame other wise i would have one.

i have a rear window sticker but cant really see it, so i had to have the tb details in vinal on the back of the car.

lmn

Thank you to The Royles for the superb TB image.

It's easy enough to turn it over.

Does anyone know a free image manipulation package with which I can do my

sunscreen design?

Mspaint just doesn't have the zoom capabilities I need.

For freeware (actually open source), I'd recommend the GIMP.

Aswell as being a pretty good Image Manipulation Package, It's got a fab name! :lol:

Download here

Thank you to The Royles for the superb TB image.

It's easy enough to turn it over.

Does anyone know a free image manipulation package with which I can do my

sunscreen design?

Mspaint just doesn't have the zoom capabilities I need.

For freeware (actually open source), I'd recommend the GIMP.

Aswell as being a pretty good Image Manipulation Package, It's got a fab name! :lol:

Download here

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

I take it that at that size it's a side window screen, would be impressive on a front window screen though. Saw a green car at the event on Sunday with Geocaching.Com in white on the back under the number plate, that looked quite good as well. well a bit more upmarket than a frog on the aeriel ! :D:lol:

Ah! That'd be my cachemobile:

decal.jpg

I take it that at that size it's a side window screen, would be impressive on a front window screen though. Saw a green car at the event on Sunday with Geocaching.Com in white on the back under the number plate, that looked quite good as well. well a bit more upmarket than a frog on the aeriel ! :lol::D

Ah! That'd be my cachemobile:

decal.jpg

Mary and I both thought we recognised the description of a big green car with Geocaching.com written on the back!!! Clearly I spent too long following you around the lanes of Berkshire at the CITO!

See ya sunday Ian :lol: