Advice Needed - Which Gps Do You Suggest?

Hi,

I am seeking to replace an ancient Garmin GPSIII which really struggles to provide accurate positioning, especially when you get close to caches and in any "sky obstructed" areas (such as under trees)

I would like to hear what you think and find out what you would recommend as I value your opinions.

My criteria for a device:

Accurate positioning!

Good battery life

Good expandable memory

clear maps

clear screen

Cost is not a real consideration as any money spent will be compensated by actually finding caches!

Thanks Mike

If your want autorouting then garmin 60csx, cx or 76 csx, cs. If you dont care about autorouting then you might consider the lowrance units that have very good reception also.

Some folks on here like Magellan alot so you might check those high end models out as well but as of now they do not use the new SIRF receiver chips. Lowrance uses and older model SIRF chip I hear. Garmin is one chip behind the flagship SIRF chipset (which no one uses yet).

Hi,

I am seeking to replace an ancient Garmin GPSIII which really struggles to provide accurate positioning, especially when you get close to caches and in any "sky obstructed" areas (such as under trees)

I would like to hear what you think and find out what you would recommend as I value your opinions.

My criteria for a device:

Accurate positioning!

Good battery life

Good expandable memory

clear maps

clear screen

Cost is not a real consideration as any money spent will be compensated by actually finding caches!

Thanks Mike

Edited by kb9nvh