Mapquest Question

namiboy

can anyone help me with this:

i was looking for places in florida to go mountain biking and geocaching, so on the website for one of the mountain bike trails i want to check it had links to maps etc. one of the links is this one:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?zoom=...IMzPDeIbQ%3d%3d

and when i clicked on it, it looked like a typical mapquest page but i noticed in the top left it had the lat and lon of the location. so i typed in my address and no lat and lon. does anyone know how to get the lat and lon on there for any location i look up?

In Mapquest, if you enter a location by lat/lon, then you will see lat/lon in the top left. It won't change the indicated lat/lon if you move the cursor.

I might suggest www.topozone.com. To get the full benefit of all of its features, you have to subscribe, but the free stuff works well for me. Basically, by clicking on various points on the map, you get the coordinates. You will probably have to hunt through the various menus to see what you can do. There are other map websites, but topozone works well enough for me on my relatively old and slow computer.

Hope this helps!