Pocket Queries

Kayak Kouple

I have run PQ's for awhile now....but the last 2 weeks or so I have not been getting any e-mails on the day I click to recieve them...1st I thought they were late but I just do not get them..I have tried changing my queries to see what happens .....& nothing ....when i usually run my found queries I will get an e-mail for that ....anyone know whats wrong ...

I have run PQ's for awhile now....but the last 2 weeks or so I have not been getting any e-mails on the day I click to recieve them...1st I thought they were late but I just do not get them..I have tried changing my queries to see what happens .....& nothing ....when i usually run my found queries I will get an e-mail for that ....anyone know whats wrong ...

Same here - what's going on...

Ditto. Glad to know I'm not alone.

However, this has been going on for a long time now according to all the posts in various threads. This is probably the single most important premium membership feature and now its extremely unreliable.

Whether its too many PQs for GC to handle in a day or a problem with the queuing software or something else. This is certainly a problem that needs to be addressed if they are going to continue to charge for the service.

Just my two cents.

JDanDD

I just requested a PQ that had not run for a couple of weeks. It ran almost immediately.

I'm sorry everyone else is having problems, but by requesting PQs that are in my list but which haven't run for a while, I get them right away.

I've seen that also. If the PQ hasn't run in 4 days or so it will come through almost immediately. But if it has, it seems to get lost in the queue and never runs. I wonder if a recent PQ gets shoved so far down the list that it never reaches the top in time for a given day.

If its something like that, then the server that runs them needs a serious upgrade of processor to dual or multiple. May even be something like moving from Microsoft SQL to Oracle. Expensive to do that but SQL runs into serious performance issues when doing large numbers of large queries.

JDandDD

I just requested a PQ that had not run for a couple of weeks. It ran almost immediately.

I'm sorry everyone else is having problems, but by requesting PQs that are in my list but which haven't run for a while, I get them right away.

I've seen that also. If the PQ hasn't run in 4 days or so it will come through almost immediately. But if it has, it seems to get lost in the queue and never runs. I wonder if a recent PQ gets shoved so far down the list that it never reaches the top in time for a given day.

If its something like that, then the server that runs them needs a serious upgrade of processor to dual or multiple. May even be something like moving from Microsoft SQL to Oracle. Expensive to do that but SQL runs into serious performance issues when doing large numbers of large queries.

JDandDD

That probably is at least part of it. The system was designed to give priority to queries that haven't run in a long time or have never run. Queries that run frequently have low(er) priority.

If your PQ is generating, but you're not recieving it, it's likely an issue with either your spam filters or your ISP. AOL is reported to be currently blocking gc.com e-mails.

I just tried two that haven't run in a while, and they both came through quickly.

Edited by IV_Warrior