No Officer Response - What Now?

I'm wondering if I missed a step here or something. :) I created a category, emailed my officers for comments and then followed up with an officer vote. Neither officer voted or responded with comments on my final version of the category so the vote failed. I emailed a reminder mid week, and then yesterday that there was only one day left to vote. I know that they are logging into the site. What should I do?

I'm really excited about this category and think that it would be a great addition to the Art section of the directory so I don't want to give up yet. Any ideas? Thanks.

Have you tried emailing your group members individually through their profiles? The group email feature wasn't working reliably at one point, and I'm starting to wonder if it's broken again.

I don't know how to explain the lack of response on the officer vote, but perhaps it's tied into the same problem (if there is one) as the group email issue.

This exact thing happened to me in two categories . One that I lead and one that I am an officer in, and both failed due to the officers not realizing that there even was a vote taking place. The group email everyone said when they were privately emailed did not work. Yes this was very frustrating to us all. One of the Categories was even submitted by another group and approved when ours was going through the second vote and was distressing to all the work that was done on the Category, only because there were too many cooks in the kitchen and the vote failed., then we were preemted with a three member group. My personal remedy is that the number of officers be limited to three and after peer approval and the category is up then add more officers. That is what I recommend to eliviate this problem. THe more that have to vote the less chance of it passing.

Hikenutty Posted Today, 01:26 PM

I'm wondering if I missed a step here or something. unsure.gif I created a category, emailed my officers for comments and then followed up with an officer vote. Neither officer voted or responded with comments on my final version of the category so the vote failed. I emailed a reminder mid week, and then yesterday that there was only one day left to vote. I know that they are logging into the site. What should I do?

There seems to be a lack of response on some "Officers" part.

I have send out questions a number of times with no response except for one occasion when a regular member wanted to adopt a category. He promptly signed on to become a "Premium Member"

Only our immediate group of officers seems to work together and respond to each others queries.

It does make you wonder if group or individual e-mail links work all the time.

I've been having a particularly hard month. Some things have been put on a backburner, not on purpose, but just because I've been overwhelmed. I'm so sorry that this has caused others to have problems with their Waymarking. :) I'm gonna try to catch up and be better from now on.

The noose on the lasso must be pretty tight. :)

Yesterday I received a confirmation e-mail (Send a copy of this email to me) that I had mailed 2 days earlier and the receiver had already responded to 2 days earlier.

At other times it has taken hours to bounce back. B)

Thanks for all of your responses guys, and Ambrosia, don't worry about it. Because of previous forum posts I was worried that maybe the emails weren't getting to you and I wasn't sure how to proceed. Are you ready for another vote? I'd like to try again.

I think this time I will try to email reminders through the officers profile pages and not from the officer page.

Thanks for all of your responses guys, and Ambrosia, don't worry about it. Because of previous forum posts I was worried that maybe the emails weren't getting to you and I wasn't sure how to proceed. Are you ready for another vote? I'd like to try again.

I think this time I will try to email reminders through the officers profile pages and not from the officer page.

Thanks! :unsure: I voted. :blink:

Is there a way to identify which officers haven't voted so that I can send them an individual e-mail. It would be kind of rude to send an individual e-mail to someone that has already voted.

It would be nice to see how many votes have been cast as you are waiting.

Is there a way to identify which officers haven't voted so that I can send them an individual e-mail. It would be kind of rude to send an individual e-mail to someone that has already voted.

It would be nice to see how many votes have been cast as you are waiting.

No, there's no way to see that. If you had that information you could tell which officer voted for or against the category. It was intended to be anonymous like Peer Review. Do you think that's necessary?

The votes do need to remain anonymous. When the results come, there are no officers associated with the individual results. The only way to associate a vote to an officer is assume that the last vote came from the missing person. The results could be displayed randomly to eliminate that. I was thinking just a "Has Voted" check box type indicator.

I do think that a leader needs to know if one of thier officer's is being non-responsive and be able to take appropriate action, if only to be annoying and send reminder e-mails.