I'm Sure There's An Easy Answer But.....

nOOb needs help, please! I downloaded a PQ to my maps60csx using Easy GPS. Lurked around the forums and decided that paperless caching with GSAK and Cachemate was the way to go, so I downloaded a pq from ESAK into my gpsr, and of course since I wasn't paying attention/didn't know what I was doing, the Easy GPS waypoints use the GC#, and the GSAK waypoints use the cache name, so I now have a complete duplication, once by GC# and once by name, so now...

1. Which do you prefer or find easier, caches listed by number or by name, or does it make a difference, and

2. How do I get rid of one set of waypoints on my gpsr? I have only been able to figure out how to delete them one by one, and since I downloaded the 200 closest to home, that will take me forever and drive me crazy! I've seen some references here to deleting the downloads, but I can't figure out how to do it. I understand that I may have to clear everything and reload my latest pq.

TIA for any assistance! It's times like these when I ask myself how I ever got by before there were user forums.

To delete waypoints, FIRST SAVE YOUR WAYPOINTS (in mapsource or easygps, etc) if you've made changes to them on the gps.

Then go to the Trip Computer page, hit menu, choose Reset and select "Delete All Waypoints".

Then upload new waypoints from the saved set or from a new .loc/etc file.

Edited by bansheegeo