My Coins Are All Going To Another Cacher....

Lemon Fresh Dog

Sort of :anitongue:

With all my legitimate releases and my Travel Bugs - the coins in my "keeper" collection make my Travel Bug page difficult to sort through. So I have decided to "adopt" all my keeper tracables to my kids accounts. This way, my own Travel Bug page will be just travelling items.

Anyone else do this?

With all my legitimate releases and my Travel Bugs - the coins in my "keeper" collection make my Travel Bug page difficult to sort through. So I have decided to "adopt" all my keeper tracables to my kids accounts. This way, my own Travel Bug page will be just travelling items.

Anyone else do this?

My kids to have their own coins (personal TB's and such) but I had given serious consideration to off loading some of my coins. Then I found a way to release them with a measure of control so I should be okay for now.

Anyone else do this?

I haven't done this but instead created another cache, but didn't submit it for approval. Now all my coins not in circulation are in this cache and my inventory is clean.

Anyone else do this?

I haven't done this but instead created another cache, but didn't submit it for approval. Now all my coins not in circulation are in this cache and my inventory is clean.

That is what we did too. Now with the nice discover feature everyone can just do that and the coins stay nicely tucked away in their own little cache.

I use one of my archived caches to drop my coins in. Seems to work fine.

The only down side (if you can call it that) to this method is that it does annoy some of the local coin hunters. I have gotten one or two complaints that it shows up on their searchs. Doesn't stop me from continuing the practise though. :)

Thanks for the advice! I did indeed decide to drop into an archived cache rather than adopt them all out.

However, I think that it may not work for what I want..... :( While it does take them out of my inventory, it does not take them off my Travel Bug page. So they remain all mixed in with the rest of the Travel Bugs (you know, the ones that are actually travelling :D

Then, when I do a sort on my Travel Bugs to see which ones haven't moved in awhile, they "mix" into the lot.

I have pre-fixed all the "keeper" coins with "COIN: XYZ" so that makes it easy to see which is a real traveller and which is a collection keeper.....

Man... this is a lot of work! :D<_<

What I did with my trackables is put a space in front of the name of coins/TBs I release. The name doesn't look different on the stats page (probably because of how extra spaces are stripped in HTML) but it causes all those trackables to appear first in the sort.

Wow . . . I really like this! Great idea.

I don't use an archived cache.

I use one I created to hold my coins but I didn't submit it for review and I didn't set it to active.

I've done the same thing. Used my house coordinates as the starting spot, since all the coins will start from there eventually.

I don't use an archived cache.

I use one I created to hold my coins but I didn't submit it for review and I didn't set it to active.

I've done the same thing. Used my house coordinates as the starting spot, since all the coins will start from there eventually.

Did the same thing!

Dont Own that much coins (for now), but, this way my personal coins stay away from the inventory and dont mix up with the Bugs and Coins that i´m moving along.

Regards