Need Immediate Assistance (please!)

If you've downloaded the individual caches as GPX files, do it the normal way (as parker313 says).

If you've downloaded LOC files, you're out of luck for the cache description. The info just isn't there.

I did what Parker suggested alreday, but I can't find the pdb file and when I try to open file that caches are in, it won't open. it says cannot open file here, folder does not exisit. But this is file I downloaded to gps.

If you've downloaded the individual caches as GPX files, do it the normal way (as parker313 says).

If you've downloaded LOC files, you're out of luck for the cache description. The info just isn't there.

I did what Parker suggested alreday, but I can't find the pdb file and when I try to open file that caches are in, it won't open. it says cannot open file here, folder does not exisit. But this is file I downloaded to gps.

In the export to Cachemate screen, did you try renaming the file & location in the block "PDB file to create" ?

When I initially started paperless caching, the hardest part was setting everything up. After that it's been running smoothly. I'm not sure how much you've tried, but this is some of what I do to get info to my palm. You don't necessarily have to have a PQ dumped into GSAK to do it, you could have hit the GPX exchange file option on the cache page to pull each cache individually into GSAK, which is what I think you've already done.

Open GSAK in a database where caches are listed

Then - FILE>Export>Cachemate PDB file

(export page opens)

On this, change the PDB file to create to something like "C:\Documents and Settings\Geocache\All Caches.pdb"

Make sure the "Install to Palm after conversion" block is checked

hit "Generate"

After GSAK does the conversion, my "Palm Quick install screen opens". I do not do anything at all to this -- I don't try to open it, nothing (this is just telling me that there is a file in there to export).

Then I plug my Palm on my Hotsync cradle, hit hotsync. It transfers the file to my palm automatically & when I open cachemate, it imports the files. TADA....

I don't touch anything while the hotsync operation is in process, but wait till it's finished, then I open cachemate.

I don't know if this was too much or too little. But works for me.