Cache Count - - - Who's #1?

Gearbox

My post was in reference, however, to the fact that it seems whenever ANYONE, regardless whether they are a number poacher or not, posts ANYTHING in reference to numbers, the thread turns very nasty; in fact, I haven’t read too many threads lately that haven’t had some nastiness involved.

Any way, the point is instead of jumping down every persons throat about numbers being bogus, why can’t we look at and point out the positive things about geocaching. Seems that everyone is so busy pointing their finger at someone else that the forums aren’t useful, relevent or inviting any more.

Perhaps the main reason I have not posted here since last November. Too much angst. I also stopped logging my finds online almost a year and a half ago. I cache for me, not for numbers. I don't set goals anymore for caching....that makes it sound too much like work. Work sucks. That's why I don't do it anymore either. My find count has more than tripled this year alone, although I couldn't tell you the actual number, as I really don't keep track of it anymore (I am guessing that it has tripled, judging from the notebook full of cache pages) . My find count is nobody's business but my own. If I have a DNF, I will let the owner know so they can check on it, or if I find another problem with it, I will let them know. Since I quit visiting the forums, caching has become fun again. It only took a couple of minutes this evening to remind me why I hate this place so much, and that's sad.

And despite your insistence and misguided belief that your post was not maligning to anyone, it still does not help the situation at hand. One thing I've learned here in over 5,000 posts is that whiners tend to tick off more people than anyone else here. If you start whining about the forums not being "useful, relevent or inviting", or whining about threads turning nasty, you are adding fuel to the nasty fire. You are just asking for another dozen or so nasty posts aimed at you. Nuf sed. Buh bye.

Edited by Sparky-Watts

Perhaps the main reason I have not posted here since last November. Too much angst.

It only took a couple of minutes this evening to remind me why I hate this place so much, and that's sad.

If you start whining about the forums not being "useful, relevent or inviting", or whining about threads turning nasty, you are adding fuel to the nasty fire. You are just asking for another dozen or so nasty posts aimed at you. Nuf sed. Buh bye.

What about when someone whines about how bad the forums are, then insults a poster for whining too much, then says that whining is the reason the forums are so bad? Do those people also contribute to how much you hate the forums?

Perhaps the main reason I have not posted here since last November. Too much angst.

It only took a couple of minutes this evening to remind me why I hate this place so much, and that's sad.

If you start whining about the forums not being "useful, relevent or inviting", or whining about threads turning nasty, you are adding fuel to the nasty fire. You are just asking for another dozen or so nasty posts aimed at you. Nuf sed. Buh bye.

What about when someone whines about how bad the forums are, then insults a poster for whining too much, then says that whining is the reason the forums are so bad? Do those people also contribute to how much you hate the forums?

Yup. And you just helped prove my point. :unsure:

Yup. And you just helped prove my point. :unsure:

Sweet! I like being helpful.

If you like stats, take a look at Boulter's leaderboard. The numbers are broken down many different ways.

The rankings change for each list depending on membership. Boulter removes inactive cachers from his list, so it's a bit more selective.

1,184 Events attended? :(

That's just wrong in so many ways.

All my finds are PURE, ok not really.

Never mind. :unsure: