Sign in to follow this  
Followers 12
turbosnail

Malaysia Geocachers

72 posts in this topic

That would be great! Sent you an email through your page :)

I haven't found any shop here that sells geocaching stuffs or any that would do the job perfectly. I guess that's the downside at a place where geocaching is very new.

Anyway that is a good idea :D

Hi, i am the very new geocacher, i hve found my first cache only today! Very happy that something like this you all do, thank you very much! I am from Slovakia, live in KL. lokking forward to next adventure! Good luck to everyone.

Welcome aboard! if you have the time, you can go up north to Penang and Cameron Highland or to the south, at Malacca. There are quite number of caches hidden there :D

No I don't, but I occasionally have friends come to Malaysia from the U.S.A. so if you want to have one hand-carried over (and then sent to you via post from within Malaysia), send me an email. It might take a while to get to you, depending on when my next "courier" comes over. But it would work eventually.

How much would one cost? Are you still in KK? Maybe we can organise an Event Cache

More caches in Malaysia please! :grin: I'll hide more in Ranau and Shah Alam too! :smile:

No I don't, but I occasionally have friends come to Malaysia from the U.S.A. so if you want to have one hand-carried over (and then sent to you via post from within Malaysia), send me an email. It might take a while to get to you, depending on when my next "courier" comes over. But it would work eventually.

I am interested to get a couple. Hope I can get Nature/Wildlife/Environment related Geocoin.

More caches in Malaysia please! :grin: I'll hide more in Ranau and Shah Alam too! :smile:

So far I have hidden 2 cache in Kuching, 1 cache in Lawas, 1 in Temburong (Brunei) and and 5 cache in Kota Kinabalu

mine are at Ranau. I had two latest caches hidden there. and waiting for FTF

Have been missing in action. Now looking some time to have some house cleanings for my caches in Penang! ...;)

Have been missing in action. Now looking some time to have some house cleanings for my caches in Penang! ...;)

Welcome back, sifu.

I didnt manage to find any of your cache lasti time I was there.

hiya ... this geocaching thing sounds interesting .. Malaysia geocachers still active?

hiya ... this geocaching thing sounds interesting .. Malaysia geocachers still active?

I am Malaysian and I am still active. :laughing:

Will be popping through KL again in a month or two again. Then a short business trip into the interior.

Hopefully will grab anther cache around KL

Hi, we are a couple of geocachers from France. We're organizing a small event on the East Coast for the International Geocaching Day to help promote geocaching on Pantai Timur. The event page is there.

As said in the description, it will be a very simple get together but it would be nice to meet geocachers there, locals and otherwise...

Geocachingly,

Gamboy

Hello there,

My name is Terence and I am a writer with the online magazine Poskod.my. I am doing an article about geocaching in Malaysia, and would love to speak to any active Malaysian geocachers. Is anyone interested in contributing? I would love to hear about your experiences, the local scene, and so forth.

Thanks

Terence Toh

Hello hello hello. I am still but am now based in KL.

Hi,

Has anybody here experience in caching in Alor Setar? I'll be there next week, and the very few caches in the area seem not to have been found for a long, long time.

I mailed "DarkEnergy", CO of most of them, but got no answer either.

Looking forward to your feedback

Regards from Belgium

Hello! Would anyone like to hike the Klang Gates Quartz Ridge with me on August 31st? I plan to get the Earthcache GC2M37X and the two traditional if possible.

Hi All,

I'm new to geocaching. I'm a Malaysian and I'm happy to know about geocaching. Hope we can get many people interested in finding cache. Probably an event would do good too.. :)

Hi All,

I'm new to geocaching. I'm a Malaysian and I'm happy to know about geocaching. Hope we can get many people interested in finding cache. Probably an event would do good too.. :)

Finding is one thing. Setting a cache is another problem, especially if you get a pain in the arse Reviewer.

Exactly one year ago, I came here to announce the fact that a page was set up on Facebook to support geocaching in Malaysia. With 459 likes the page served an active geocacher community. Exactly one year later, this page was taken down by Facebook.

So now I return to announce that a new geocaching page for Malaysia has been set up on Facebook!

Malaysian geocachers are still a rare breed, so do visit our new Geocaching Malaysia page, where we continue to promote geocaching in Malaysia. Share with us your experiences, knowledge, pictures, ... or just come and say hello :-)

Visit Geocaching Malaysia today on www.facebook.com/geocaching.my and join our growing community!

Editor @ Geocaching Malaysia.

www.facebook.com/geocaching.my

Edited by Barnyard Dawg

Hello from 2017, i'm new in geocache...hope to plant a new cache near my location but i guess its a pain waiting for a reviewers tp publish it...so sad :(

Hello from 2017, i'm new in geocache...hope to plant a new cache near my location but i guess its a pain waiting for a reviewers tp publish it...so sad :(

Patience Young Jedi.

And it is good form to spend some months finding other's caches to get a feel

for the game and what constitutes a good hide (or a bad one).