Spoilers

b1rdbrain

Well, there is no way for you to edit their log. As the cache owner, you can delete it, however.

The best thing would be to email them and ask them nicely to edit the log and take out the spoiler info. If they do not respond, then you can delete it for them if what they wrote is really bothering you.

Well, there is no way for you to edit their log. As the cache owner, you can delete it, however.

The best thing would be to email them and ask them nicely to edit the log and take out the spoiler info. If they do not respond, then you can delete it for them if what they wrote is really bothering you.

:D they say right where the cache is in there post and they didn't encrypt the post :laughing:

:D they say right where the cache is in there post and they didn't encrypt the post :laughing:

It happens every once and a while. Take a deep breath, and then decide what to do....if it's really bad and you're afraid for the integrity of your cache, you could always delete it right now. But then you should send them a note right away explaining politely why you deleted it and offer for them to post it again without the spoiler.

The cache owner may also encrypt the log instead of deleting it.

I assume you are not the cache owner, but were going to go look for this one. Not much you can do. As they say, "you can't unring the bell." All you can do is move on to the next one.

The cache owner may also encrypt the log instead of deleting it.

I assume you are not the cache owner, but were going to go look for this one. Not much you can do. As they say, "you can't unring the bell." All you can do is move on to the next one.

You're right about the encrypting, I forgot. And the way the OP was talking, I just assumed that they were the cache owner!

Hm...maybe the OP should just email the person privately. Not much is going to make a difference by discussing it in the forums.

Your only choices are to delete, encrypt or e-mail the offending logger. The latter is the best way to handle it. Just be as polite and diplomatic as possible. The few times this has happned to me all it took was an e-mail and the log was changed. The logger was very apologetic in each case.

Encrypting isn't a great solution because if most people are anything like me, it will draw attention to the log and people will make a point to read it.

It happens every once and a while. Take a deep breath, and then decide what to do......

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. This happened to me, and I had a really hot email composed, since I was pleased with the sneakiness of this hide. Fortunately, I had it looked over by a cooler head and edited it. I got a very nice reply back and the log was edited very thoughtfully. All's well that ends well!

=)

It happens every once and a while. Take a deep breath, and then decide what to do......

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. This happened to me, and I had a really hot email composed, since I was pleased with the sneakiness of this hide. Fortunately, I had it looked over by a cooler head and edited it. I got a very nice reply back and the log was edited very thoughtfully. All's well that ends well!

=)

:anitongue: so i emailed the 2 people that spoiled the cache and yes i'm the owner of the said cache but i didn't get a responce. i then deteled the 2 post and and posted a mataince letter stating i removed them due to spoiling the hide with in a day i was emailed by both partys saying sorry and they both reposted not spoiling the caches hidding spot :rolleyes: i would say that the best way all you said was to email first then delete if nothing happens but then post a note on the page why you removed the said posting. all is still fine and nobody gets mad.