Can't Get Route Query To Work

frefel

I set up a Google Earth route and made it into a Along a Route pocket query. When I previewed it there were 55 caches within it, however when I received it by Email it was only 10K in size and when I opened it there were only 6 caches. I went back to preview it on the My Account page in Geocaching.com and it still contains the 55 caches. Somehow the file is getting modified from the Pocket Query setup page to my Email delivery. Any ideas?

Also is there a way to download the cache descriptions directly from the Preview page? I need to have not only the WPs but the cache info to put into my Visor PDA. When I check off various caches and then hit Download the default window is a .loc file which I don't think passes on cache descriptions. If I could just get them all off the Preview page I wouldn't need to have a Pocket Query mailed to me.

Thanks.

There's been some problems with truncated PQs. Going to move this to the Geocaching.com forum where it will be seen by the programmers.

The LOC files are just names and coordinates, so you're not doing anything wrong. The GPX files are what gets e-mailed to you.

There's been some problems with truncated PQs. Going to move this to the Geocaching.com forum where it will be seen by the programmers.

The LOC files are just names and coordinates, so you're not doing anything wrong. The GPX files are what gets e-mailed to you.

I am having a similar problem, glad to see it is not just me. I got one earlier today that was fine but the route i need for my trip tomorow has "no results" I know it parsed right I can preview it, the server just doesn't send it. I tried it three times still nothing. I will try again in the morning. I can allways use a saved one from a few weeks ago.

Same here. I get a result of 53 caches in the route pocket query preview but only 14 caches in the mailed gpx file.

The truncation problem, is it described in some other thread, I can't seem to find it?

Edited by Lean Wolf

:huh: I'd like to add another "me too". I have three route PQs, of which only one works correctly. The other two GPX files contain WAY fewer caches than the preview says I should get.

It kinda looks like the same region missing out of both bad ones, so perhaps there is a cache in that area with something in the name or description or past logs that is causing the query to terminate prematurely?

I submitted a support ticket before I found this thread. I hope they don't mind...

I ran this PQ and all I got was an email saying that there were no caches that matched. When I preview it there are 95 caches listed.

Are you opening the file in GSAK from the ZIP file? If the PQ generator is still having problems with the additional waypoints, maybe GSAK is indicating that there's no points in the Additional Waypoints?

Just shooting in the dark. I agree it's still messed up.

CoD: I just ran the PQ and it sent you 95.. so don't know what the disconnect is that you're seeing but as far as I can tell it worked fine.

Could you give my PQ's a kick, too? The one that ran this morning returned "No results", even though the preview shows 321. (I'm also waiting for yesterday's "Home" query to run, but apparently that's a lost cause by now.)

dave

I ran this PQ and all I got was an email saying that there were no caches that matched. When I preview it there are 95 caches listed.

Are you opening the file in GSAK from the ZIP file? If the PQ generator is still having problems with the additional waypoints, maybe GSAK is indicating that there's no points in the Additional Waypoints?

Just shooting in the dark. I agree it's still messed up.

There was no attached file included with the email. Here is what the email said:

Your Pocket Query had no results. If you believe you should have

received a result to your query, please review your Pocket Query for errors.

That's what was so strange to me.

CoD: I just ran the PQ and it sent you 95.. so don't know what the disconnect is that you're seeing but as far as I can tell it worked fine.

-Raine

Thanks! Got it with no problem that time!

Thanks for the comments Markwell but I see no evidence that the programmers have noted the problem that many of us just verified, ie. a "truncation of PQs" and the thread seems to just dissipate into a discussion of GSAK and where PQs end up.

My problem was related to "Google Earth caches along a route" where I had 55 caches in the preview and only 6 in the emailed file from Geocaching.com.

The feature is potentially extremely useful so I hope this gets acknowledged and fixed.

I just now (Sunday morning 7:30am Pacific time) ran two Route PQs that I had not run for 3 weeks.

Each ran within minutes (which did surprise me). Each seems complete, both as to number of caches and logs/additional waypoints.

If anyone is still seeing the problem of fewer caches than in the preview iof route PQs, for ones that have run in the past few hours (since midnight Pacific Time), please post a link to your PQ and we can see if we can replicate the problem.

Well I ran an ALL finds PQ on the 21st and still havent gotten it. And only being able to run it once a week I now have to wait a week to run it again and I have yet to receive the original one. Is there any reason for this?

Well I ran an ALL finds PQ on the 21st and still havent gotten it. And only being able to run it once a week I now have to wait a week to run it again and I have yet to receive the original one. Is there any reason for this?

Hi, Haffy - the all finds PQ is not a Route PQ so your question is not relavant in this thread, which deals with information missing out of Route PQs. I know othes are having similar issues as you. You might want to post in a thread specific to this issue to get the maximum attention to the problem. Good luck. - Hynr

Edited by Hynr

If anyone is still seeing the problem of fewer caches than in the preview iof route PQs, for ones that have run in the past few hours (since midnight Pacific Time), please post a link to your PQ and we can see if we can replicate the problem.

Just re-ran mine and got the same number in the PQ as the preview. 'Course Im home from the trip now, oh well.... <_<

I just now (Sunday morning 7:30am Pacific time) ran two Route PQs that I had not run for 3 weeks.

Each ran within minutes (which did surprise me). Each seems complete, both as to number of caches and logs/additional waypoints.

I have three route PQs (618863, 618869, and 618856). 618856 returned results that matched the preview page on the first try. 618869 finally returned the correct results the last time it ran (the first few times it was missing nearly 200 caches (414 on the preview page, 238 in the GPX I was getting)).

618863 is still wrong. Preview says 408, but the last two times it ran I only got 327. The first couple of times it ran I got 328, but that difference of 1 might be an archived cache or something.

I have that one set to run every day. I hope it eventually works. It looks to me like it missing the caches in and around Smoky Mountain National Park.

Please fix this. I will be heading to NC in two weeks, and I want to plan my route...

Here is the link to the one bad one left: 618863

Edited by cachedasher

Hynr;

I reran a similar Google route to the PQ that I had a problem with last week and this time I got the same # of caches as are in the Preview. Thanks for fixing the problem.

frefel, I'm a user just like you. I don't have the power to fix even the littlest thing at this site. The folks who do are Raine, Elias and Jeremy. Raine is the one you can thank for the whole impressive route thing; so I'm sure he is the one who is working the bugs out. - Hynr