Lavoir Group

Ok here goes

I would not have the requirment to include the gps in the photo, I personally think this detracts from the beauty of a photo. MAke one photo of the bathhouse required onthe page in order to create the waymark. Now to log I would havethem include the gps in a photo This link was interesting to me maybe something like this on your Category page

http://gdl.cdlr.strath.ac.uk/springburn/spring026.htm

Would you consider converted Wash houses like this B&B

http://www.travel-library.com/b&b/euro...wash_house.html

I would also add variables like Web address, Physical address, ratings, anencrypted multi line text box for the visitor to describe theexperience of visiting the wah house

a drop down box for converted/museum/ruins/registereed historic place /lavir work camps for reconstruction etc.

work Camp

Volunteer Workcamps

renovation workcamps, a site in St-Martin-L賭Melle, a small village in central-western France. A group of ten youth from six countries and four mother tongues was assigned to reconstruct the ruins of an old lavoir, a stone building people where in the village congregated to wash their clothes years ago. The council of St-Martin decided they wanted this lavoir renovated as an important part of their heritage. They wanted its ruins to be reconstructed in the traditional style in order to beautify the village. But, equally as important, they wanted a group of international youth to come and get to know them.

I like this line:

Before the advent of affordable washing appliances, laundry was usually done in purpose-built wash houses.

I also do not like the idea of a GPSr in the photo. There should be at least one photo that shows as much of the lavoir as possible. To log it, waymarkers can have a picture of them at the wash house, or if they're by themselves, they can include one with the GPSr visible. Also, I think that we should lower the age to 50 years minimum.

As for converted wash houses, as long as the original structure/tub/whatever is still existing (doesn't matter if it has been repaired or refurbish), we could include them.

The variables are fine as long as they are optional. I don't think we will be able to get a website or physical address on very many of them.