New Group Formed: Bargain Hunters

This group will manage a Thrift Store subcategory of the Stores/Retail category.

The Thrift Stores will be those run by Amvets, The Salvation Army, Disabled American Vets, Goodwill, and local organizations or churches that sell donated and second-hand items.

The category will not include stores like the Dollar Tree and 99 Cent stores that sell primarily new items.

Is anyone interested? I have three Waymarks ready to submit as soon as there is a Category for them. :laughing:

This group will manage a Thrift Store subcategory of the Stores/Retail category.

The Thrift Stores will be those run by Amvets, The Salvation Army, Disabled American Vets, Goodwill, and local organizations or churches that sell donated and second-hand items.

The category will not include stores like the Dollar Tree and 99 Cent stores that sell primarily new items.

Is anyone interested? I have three Waymarks ready to submit as soon as there is a Category for them. :laughing:

Don't forget to turn on open enrollment and link your group. Awesome idea!

Love the "Category" - Bargain Hunters.

Only problem is we love "Garage Sale" bargains. :laughing:

Outfitted our young ladies with all the furniture for their University and College days. Wife has a beautiful collection of collectible pottery you can find anywhere and I have bought way more than I can ever "install".:laughing: in a life time.

If you still need an "Officer" in a couple of days I'll help you get it afloat. :laughing:

Edited by Jake39

Well . . . I've invited some local cachers to join my Bargain Hunters group, but those people aren't really into Waymarking. So, I will appreciate your membership. All I want to do is list the Waymarks of the Thrift Stores I photographed the other day.

It would be really interesting if we could post Waymarks of places that don't yet have a Category and then later, when the Category gets created, move those Waymarks from the "Miscellany" categorization to the place where they will take up permanent "residence." :laughing:

We've talked about some kind of bucket that users could have where they could take interesting locations and put them in a holding pattern until the category exists. It's a great idea!

I like the idea as long as they are not "officially" waymarks until the category is created and they are "moved" to the category. They should not visible to anyone except the submitter until then. Otherwise I would see this becoming some kind of super category with miscellaneous waymarks with no controls. I currently have a directory of pictures on my computer with pictures for waymarks in categories that don't exist. I set a property on the picture to the coordinates so I can keep that information together.

BruceS Posted Today, 08:01 AM

(Jeremy @ Jul 22 2006, 06:53 AM) *

We've talked about some kind of bucket that users could have where they could take interesting locations and put them in a holding pattern until the category exists. It's a great idea!

I like the idea as long as they are not "officially" waymarks until the category is created and they are "moved" to the category. They should not visible to anyone except the submitter until then. Otherwise I would see this becoming some kind of super category with miscellaneous waymarks with no controls. I currently have a directory of pictures on my computer with pictures for waymarks in categories that don't exist. I set a property on the picture to the coordinates so I can keep that information together.

Same here! I don't see the need for Groundspeak to create this 'bucket' concept as I see the bucket filling and not emptying. Similar to how people online shop then walk away from the shopping cart.

Storing the future Waymarks locally seems better. If you really have that many to store, either you need to start making categories to place them in, or there really isn't the interest in that type of location.

The other thing that concerns me about the Groundspeak Bucket plan is connectivity. Are we going to see more data movement which slows down the servers or strains the availability of getting onto Geocaching/Waymarking?

I don't see any need for this option at all, you are better to store them yourself.

:anitongue: The Blue Quasar