Renewal - Paypal And More...

Torgut

Hello !

I have a problem... which generated another problem.

1st: I received an eMail from PayPal reminding me that my credit card was about to expire. That was true, so I went to PayPal website, added the new credit card, deleted the old one. After a couple of minutes I received an eMail from Groundspeak saying that, accordingly to my request, my subscription was sucessfully canceled.... wtf !?

2nd: I wrote an email to Groundspeak, forwarding that one and explaining the situation. I asked what should I do to keep my subscritpion.

3rd: that was 3 or 4 days ago. Nobody cared to write back. Eventually Groundspeak will write. Eventually they will write BEFORE my subscription expires, which will happen on 4th August. Now... what if this happened 2 days before renewal date? In that case, I think, I would lost all my date due to Groundspeak ineptitude to support users even if Premium.

4th: there is an amazing statement on Groundspeak website. It goes like this: "We receive thousands of emails each day, and as a small team it is difficult to respond each and every email in a prompt manner." Well, there is something logical: if Groundspeak receive thousands of emails it means they have great success, which means money coming in, which means they should expand the team... which brings us back to the begining - this is a good way to present an instant excuse to all inability to deal with normal daily correspondence.

First of all - take a deep breath..........

Now there - don't you feel better.

Second - don't worry - same thing happened to me with Paypal and an expiring card. The email alarmed me and is poorly worded but all it means is that the CC you associated with your Groundspeak account is no longer useable. Simply renew your account before the expiration date and life will continue.

Groundspeak will probably answer your email soon. No need to overstaff the office.

Second - don't worry - same thing happened to me with Paypal and an expiring card. The email alarmed me and is poorly worded but all it means is that the CC you associated with your Groundspeak account is no longer useable. Simply renew your account before the expiration date and life will continue.

Groundspeak will probably answer your email soon. No need to overstaff the office.

Well, call it a coincidence but a few minutes after I created this post, I actually received The Answer. Yes, "you can renew it", renew it... how do I renew it? I don't see any place where I can renew it, which doesn't mean it's not there... just that I can't see it. Any hints?

I don't even dare to reply to Groundspeak eMail asking how to renew... that would take 4 days more and probably I will receive back something like: "Look at the website, that's where you renew"... and so on.

Edited by Torgut

Well, call it a coincidence but a few minutes after I created this post, I actually received The Answer. Yes, "you can renew it", renew it... how do I renew it? I don't see any place where I can renew it, which doesn't mean it's not there... just that I can't see it. Any hints?

I don't even dare to reply to Groundspeak eMail asking how to renew... that would take 4 days more and probably I will receive back something like: "Look at the website, that's where you renew"... and so on.

Try

http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe/

Hope this helps! :laughing:

P.S. Make sure if you want to use "direct debit" from a bank account that you have a credit card on file in addition to your bank account. If you just have you bank acct you'll be locked into an "eCheck" payment that takes about 5 days to clear.

Try

Hope this helps! :laughing:

P.S. Make sure if you want to use "direct debit" from a bank account that you have a credit card on file in addition to your bank account. If you just have you bank acct you'll be locked into an "eCheck" payment that takes about 5 days to clear.

It says there:

Renewing your membership?

Your membership is currently in good standing. If you are renewing your membership, enter your new subscription number from PayPal and click "renew"

Well, what "new subscription number"? Man, this process is completely dark! I can't remember how were things a year ago when I first subscribed but I'm almost sure I clicked a link, identified myself in PayPal and that was it. Simple as should be. Automatic monthly renewal... until now.

[

It says there:

Renewing your membership?

Your membership is currently in good standing. If you are renewing your membership, enter your new subscription number from PayPal and click "renew"

Well, what "new subscription number"? Man, this process is completely dark! I can't remember how were things a year ago when I first subscribed but I'm almost sure I clicked a link, identified myself in PayPal and that was it. Simple as should be. Automatic monthly renewal... until now.

I think you should have gotten an email receipt from paypal with your subscription number... at least you do with the annual option.

Yeah, but first I have to subscribe, and I can't subscribe if I'm already a member, and I don't see any link saying "RENEW NOW", so I can't renew because only reference to renewal ask for a Subscription Number. Whow! Isn't this all soooooo simple!?

Edited by Torgut

It's pretty straightforward. Your PayPal subscription is expired but your membership with Groundspeak is still active. Therefore to continue your membership on Groundspeak you need to purchase a new subscription through PayPal.

You can do this on the subscribe page:

Once you purchase the new PayPal subcription you get an email with instructions like you did when you first signed up. This will contain the S- code that you can apply to the page above (when you are logged in).

PayPal has always autocancelled subscriptions when you changed your credit card. I never understood why and their customer service is near impossible to submit bug reports and feature suggestions.

Hello !

1st: I received an eMail from PayPal reminding me that my credit card was about to expire. That was true, so I went to PayPal website, added the new credit card, deleted the old one.

Above emphasis added by me.

I have just one question: WHY did you do that? When my card is due to expire, I simply go into my PayPal account and update the card info with the new expiration date. I have done this more than once, and have never had any interference with ongoing transactions that I have scheduled through PayPal.

Hello !

1st: I received an eMail from PayPal reminding me that my credit card was about to expire. That was true, so I went to PayPal website, added the new credit card, deleted the old one.

Above emphasis added by me.

I have just one question: WHY did you do that? When my card is due to expire, I simply go into my PayPal account and update the card info with the new expiration date. I have done this more than once, and have never had any interference with ongoing transactions that I have scheduled through PayPal.

Well, it's a little off-topic now but I had to delete because new credit card has a new number and I wasn't allowed by PayPal to change that field. I could update the other fields but not the number.

So I received an eMail from Groundspeak on 25th July with the following URL:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...;kbarticleid=38

SolutionTo activate your new account or renewal, you will need your ID from your PayPal transaction history or confirmation email. You are looking for the transaction that starts with "S-" - Once you find this subscription ID you can enter it into the subscribe page on Geocaching.com:

http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe

(You will need to be logged in)

It is better to highlight the subscription ID and copy and paste it into the subscribe page, since in many cases the zeroes and ones look like O's and I's, and vice-versa.

This will add one full year to your existing membership expiration date. You will not lose any time for renewing early.

So, I did that. Only that I DID LOSE TIME for renewing early. New membership started counting today and not after previous expiration date.