2006 Green Jeep

wg

Has anyone that sent their form in gotten their Jeep, yet?

TPTB posted on a thread in the Geocaching Topics forum that they weren't being sent out until the end of this past week at the earliest. The earliest we should expect to see them is this coming week, depending on how long it takes to receive mail from Seattle where you live.

But please keep them in the US until it's over!

Thought we were friends??? :)

Hey, don't be mad at me -- it's the rules that only US residents are eligible to win (and only the 48 contiguous states at that I think). I just think that for the 5 months that the contest is running that the jeeps should stay in circulation here where the most eligible people can find them and enter the contest with them. After the contest is over, I don't care where they go. I'd send one to you then! (I only ask for your patience in the meantime. :( )

But please keep them in the US until it's over!

Thought we were friends??? <_<

Hey, don't be mad at me -- it's the rules that only US residents are eligible to win (and only the 48 contiguous states at that I think). I just think that for the 5 months that the contest is running that the jeeps should stay in circulation here where the most eligible people can find them and enter the contest with them. After the contest is over, I don't care where they go. I'd send one to you then! (I only ask for your patience in the meantime. :( )

Mmm, I'm not mad at you! Jeep just states that the Green Jeep can only be ordered be cachers in the 48 US lower states. They do not say anything about overseas cachers. If you, for instance :D get a Green Jeep from them, you will be free to make a log for your stats and mail it to us. But if you wish to wait till the 5 months period is over and are willing to ship one to us, it will be OK too. All in order to get some more Jeeps in circulation in Europe and give European cachers the oportunity to log a rare TB.

BTW: Jeeps are also sold over here :D

Edited by Team Firefox

I hope the jeeps don't make it overseas until AFTER the contest ends, just to increase the chances of those eligible to play and win. After it ends I have no problems with the jeeps moving anywhere they go, but please keep them in the US until it's over!

That will never happen. Between them being Travel Bugs and there being thousands of them, some are bound to escape the defined area.

We were lucky enough to get a Green Jeep TB from Groundspeak at the Mid West Geo Bash. So far we haven't been able to log it as it hasn't been activated. Does anyone know when this will happen? We would like to plant it somewhere and enter the contest but can't get the activation code.

Any one know when the will go live?

We were lucky enough to get a Green Jeep TB from Groundspeak at the Mid West Geo Bash. So far we haven't been able to log it as it hasn't been activated. Does anyone know when this will happen? We would like to plant it somewhere and enter the contest but can't get the activation code.

Any one know when the will go live?

Theres another (couple?) threads about this around, but apperently Groundspeak has it setup that the greens ones will all be automatcially actiavted on August 1 (the start date of the contest).

Posted this on another Jeep thread but I sent an email to Groundspeak last week and received the reply today that there is still time and quantity available. I sent my form in two days ago, don't know if I'll get one but for 39 cents it was worth a try.

^I feel better seeing this, since I sealed the envelope 10 days ago, but have yet to mail it :laughing:

It'll go tomorrow....

This was included in my cache notify email, today from the notify bot

Greetings from Geocaching.com,

The 2006 Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge begins on August 1st, 2006 in the USA.

This year, it's a green die-cast Jeep Rescue Concept vehicle with a Travel Bug

tag attached. We're enlisting geocachers to hide approximately 5,500 Jeep

Travel Bugs in caches located in the lower 48 United States and there are still

Jeep Travel Bugs available. If you are interested in placing a Jeep Travel Bug

into a cache near you, please complete and mail-in your request form, located

here (while supplies last):

2006 Jeep forms

Will TPTB accept faxed submissions to reduce the delay? I have a 4x4 trip coming up in 2 weeks that I really want to take a TB along on, because of the spectacular views and opportunities for contest photos. We'll be on the Morrison Jeep Trail in the heart of the Beartooth Mountains. Entrance to the trail from the start is via 23 switchbacks up the side of the mountain near the end of Clarks Fork Canyon. 4-wheelin' at 11,000' is something to behold. <_<

Can someone in the States order one for us in The Netherlands? Shipping will be payed for!!

The new Jeeps are sent out for a contest being held in the US, and only players from the lower 48 states are eligible to win, so the Jeeps should stay in the United States until the Jeep contest is over. If you wish to have a contest in your country, contact a European manufacturer and ask them, maybe you'll get lucky. Jeeps will travel all over no matter what, so be patient. They'll show up eventually. No one should be shipping them overseas. People have to sign an agreement when they sign up to receive a Jeep as to how they will distribute it/them. They probably have to agree to keep them in the US as well.

The agreement (as copied and pasted from the form - bold added):

Please print your physical mailing address below, including name.

Note: This will become a shipping label.

Must be age 18 and over and have a valid driver’s license.

Jeep 4x4 Request Form

I agree to place this 2006 Jeep Travel Bug into a cache within 2 weeks of its receipt.

I understand that by submitting this form I am not guaranteed to receive a Jeep

Travel Bug, nor will I be able to check on the status of this request.

Jeep 4x4 request forms must be returned by mail to Groundspeak.

One request per household. U.S. residents only, excludes Alaska and Hawaii.Groundspeak, Inc.

Jeep 4x4 Promotion

24 Roy St. PMB 321

Seattle, WA 98109

Signature

Printed Name

Username

Date

Jeep 4x4 2006 Geocaching Promotion

Promotion Details

Yippee! Mine came in the mail today. Now I guess I'll sit down and read the what, eleven pages of rules? I'll have to see if I can "find" the one I place. Since I never win anything but the lottery of a foreign country that I never entered........ I didn't figure I'd even get one. Somebody have a social security number I can use for that lottery?

HG

Yippee! Mine came in the mail today. Now I guess I'll sit down and read the what, eleven pages of rules? I'll have to see if I can "find" the one I place. Since I never win anything but the lottery of a foreign country that I never entered........ I didn't figure I'd even get one. Somebody have a social security number I can use for that lottery?

HG

Hey i win those lotteries too.... once you figure out all the rules, can you shorten them up for us and post em... :( also if i read right.. isn't the theme for the first month... "discovery"

I've asked this in another thread but no answers yet. ok this may be a dumb question but since I wasn't caching last year at the start of the contest I have to ask. I thought that they didn't release the theme until the first of the month for that particular theme. Since they are all released now does this mean if you get/find a jeep you could take pictures for all the themes using that one jeep and just enter the photos as they come up each month?

Is there no Icon for the GJTB yet:suprised:? I placed it in our event cache for next week hoping to draw out all the folks looking and hoping for one :P .Ok I know thats not the point but.... you know how people think.

Anyway i placed it in the cache and there was no Icon for the GJTB thus the tease is not quite as great as I had hoped.:(

And yes I am pathetic trying to bribe people to be my friend.:shocked:;)

i thought about taking my jeep to Korea with me.... but then i thought how that was against the rules and didnt want to go to GeoPrison. I heard it is a pretty tough place. I just decided to put it out on august 1st like I had planned... bugs away

You know , there are many people serving in Iraq , Afganistan , etc. that are residents of the lower 48...

Why shouldn't these Jeeps travel the world , or are military personell excluded from this contest ?

Just a thought :laughing: