Seattle Stop

usafknine

I am on my way to Korea via a 12 hours lay over in seattle. I know there are a lot of caches in seattle, are there any really close to the Airport that I might be able to see and possibly grab some bugs for an tour of Asia? Thanks.

(I know I could probably search all day for caches in the area, but I would rather get the opinions of fellow cachers on what are some good ones close to the airport. Peace.

This would work better in the NW forum. A lot of the Seattle cachers hang out there.

When will you be at SEA?

Thanks Keystone.

Ditto what Weightman asks. Let us know when/where you'll be and that will give us a better idea of what is possible. There are thousands of caches within 12 hours of Seatac airport, it all depends on what you like and when you'll be here.

Edited by Team Misguided

sorry about not responding quickly. I was visiting relatives and had no way to check forums. I will be in seattle on 5 Aug 06 around 1:30 A.M. and fly out to korea around 2:00 P.M. later that day. A lot of my time there is night time so I am not sure how much I can get out and cache during my layover. I just need to find a quick TB cache to see If I can grab some bugs for a trip to Korea.

sorry about not responding quickly. I was visiting relatives and had no way to check forums. I will be in seattle on 5 Aug 06 around 1:30 A.M. and fly out to korea around 2:00 P.M. later that day. A lot of my time there is night time so I am not sure how much I can get out and cache during my layover. I just need to find a quick TB cache to see If I can grab some bugs for a trip to Korea.

Well, I will be on the east coast then so I can't even offer to show you around. I'm not sure when Jester gets back from his Alaska trip, but he may be back in time.

Edit: I have put together a small bookmark list that lists four caches within reasonable walking distance from the terminal. That list is available here.

A suggestion was made earlier in the thread about the Fremont Troll. That one is some distance north of the airport and is not one I have done myself so I can't comment on whether you want to go to the trouble of getting there.

Edited by WeightMan

Well, I will be on the east coast then so I can't even offer to show you around. I'm not sure when Jester gets back from his Alaska trip, but he may be back in time.

Edit: I have put together a small bookmark list that lists four caches within reasonable walking distance from the terminal. That list is available here.

A suggestion was made earlier in the thread about the Fremont Troll. That one is some distance north of the airport and is not one I have done myself so I can't comment on whether you want to go to the trouble of getting there.

Hi usafknine,

I hope you don't mind me piggy-backing here. I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread, but I'm also taking a trip to Seattle, Aug. 17 - 22. I'm looking to relocate from NJ within the next 6-8 months so I'm scoping out some apts in the Seattle area. I'm thinking about living 5-15 miles outside of Seattle (cheeper rent maybe?) and would love to know of "must-visit" caches surrounding the area.

Any suggestions?

[uPDATED: 8:29 -- I found a very similar post from some one visiting on July 17. I'm sure the information there is just as valid so I'll go by that ;-) That way there is no need for double posts. Thank again every one! ]

Thanks

Howard

Edited by WetBrainFart617