Is The Site Slow Or Is It Dropping Requests?

bengtb

Often, very often, whan I click on a button or a link geocaching.com doesn't answer. If I instead stop the current request and try it again I get a rather swift reply. Could it be that geocaching.com is actually dropping requests? I initially thought that it was only slow. Being slow is by far much better than dropping requests. Any insights?

Used to happen to me frequently after an old ISP installed some kind of proxy caching server to "speed up" pages for dial-up users. All it did was make using a dynamic site like gc.com near impossible. I knew it was the ISP because my connection at 2 different work places had no problems with the same computer. That was 3 years ago though.....

Not seen any problems the last few days.

I have also noticed this exact thing for quite a while now. It happens to me regularly on the geocaching.com site. BUT because it very occasionally happens to me on other sites, I thought it was at my end. I have learned to notice if it takes more that a few seconds to start loading, I just ""stop" the process and click again and it almost always loads instantly.