Dc Cache Container For T.b.'s?

1NatureMom

I will traveling thru Washington DC in the next few weeks, and want to exchange/drop off coins & bugs. What is the best cache for this? I've read thru some, and most are micros or suggest not leaving bugs/coins as container gets muggled often. Is there a bug hotel I'm missing?

Thank you!

You do not need to go outside Washington, DC to find a cache to drop off travel bugs or geocoins. There are no specific "travel bug hotels" in DC, but there are several small and regular sized caches where you can leave travel bugs, among the ones I'd suggest:

Note that none of these are right in the tourist areas downtown on the Mall, but they are all (with the exception of Sibley) easily accessible via the Metro (subway). (Sibley is right next to a bus stop though!) Ok, Rose Park is a bit of hike from the Metro, but it is in Georgetown, so lots of options on getting there.

I just did "The Silent City" -- it's an excellent 4 stage multi in a fascinating historical cementery -- and is a couple of blocks away from the Stadium-Armory metro stop and the one just west -- Potomac Ave? Warning: you'll spend more time reading the histories of the people buried there than looking for clues...but is is a good bug drop, as it it harder than a one-stop cache.

Dear Terri & Billy,

Thank you for the warm southern invite :D ! I will have to check on events in MD more often :huh: My Aunts & I are planning a road trip to the Baltimore area for some crabs! They spent summers with family down there, and KNOW how to cook a crab! Crab soup ;) yum!

Metaphor,

That does sound like a fun multi-cache! It's a time issue with the 1NatureGirls too. We are spending the most time on ROW THE POTOMAC.

:huh: