2 Legends, 2 Problems

Not a good day for us. First unit was working fine. Then while being hand held the display faded out in the middle and can sort of read top and bottom but mostly dark lines. Tried on/off, pulling batteries, gently tapping it.

Second borrowed legend started shutting off on its own a few times and then wouldnt start at all. Changed batteries, check tabs in battery compartment and also tried car adopter and still nothing.

Any help on either problems. Waiting for response from Garmin.

My first thought was "sounds like typical Etrex problems". Although, I haven't paid close attention since I quit using my Vista, to see if Garmin ever got those issues worked out or not.

Yeah, the bad screen is usually a hot gps or one that's been smashed. (Stepped on, sat on, run over, etc)

The shut-off issue could be the 'typical' Garmin problem but it's really not that common for the Legend.

My first thought was "sounds like typical Etrex problems". Although, I haven't paid close attention since I quit using my Vista, to see if Garmin ever got those issues worked out or not.

Yeah, the bad screen is usually a hot gps or one that's been smashed. (Stepped on, sat on, run over, etc)

The shut-off issue could be the 'typical' Garmin problem but it's really not that common for the Legend.

2x post one click

Edited by IBcrashen

It wasnt sitting in the sun at all, we use my 60c in the truck and hers is in a fanny pack on her lap and it was a cool 74° outside and I had the air on in the truck. She had it in her hand and watched the screen fade out, she has arthritus in the hands so I do think she could squeeze that hard and never banged it on anything.

A friend of mine had a legend the lost the top part of the screen upon further investigation it was discovered that the wires or connection to the screen are in the form of a tape along the edge of the lcd. The Tape started to peel and the connection was lost on that portion. With time it got worse. Cannot be fixed unless sent to garmin. They wanted $125.00 for the repair. Thats why I pulled it apart to see for myself. A new one is that same price!