Seeking Kayak/canoe Cache In Pa

av8tors32

Here is one at Ricketts Glen State Park that seems popular with most cachers. Plus there are many other caches in the park. When I went to it, the cache was filled with garbage and sitting out in the open. I did enjoy the kayak ride out. This cache also seems to be muggled quite often with many TBs missing from the island.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...dc-3017fc158e46

Here is one on State Game Lands 237 on the Susquehanna River near Wysox. I have never done this one, but I would like to someday. However, it might be gone due to recent flooding.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...11-42adb46a20c1

Good Luck

There are around 6 on the Schuykill river between Pottstown and Phoenixville.

I'd advise you to plan your trip and check on when the last find was had on any river caches as this Summer has brought terrential rains. Responsible owners have either checked their caches or disabled them. There is quite a lot of new debris along the rivers .... and access points to the caches may be blocked.

If you want to do the Schuykill river caches I mentioned E-mail me for more details. I can direct you to the correct put-ins and take-outs. We kayak also!!!!

B) ImpalaBob

In Western PA, in addition to those already listed, there is Canoe Cache and Canoe Cache #2, both by Squatting Bear. These are located on a State Gamelands.

Caches like these make me sad that I lost the canoe in the divorce settlement. But hey, I have the freedom to go geocaching without having to get permission from a non-caching spouse, so I s'pose I came out ahead!

Someone should take the caches listed in this thread and make them into a "PA hydrocaches" shared bookmark list.

Edited by The Leprechauns
Someone should take the caches listed in this thread and make them into a "PA hydrocaches" shared bookmark list.
What a good idea, Lep!

The list of hydrocaches in Pennsylvania is in progress right now.

Just stumbled on this now, but can't believe my luck! We were just talking about going camping/canoeing this weekend so this might be perfect :laughing:
Well, it's been 90 degrees or worse for the better part of a week. We are all thinking of ways to find some cool refreshment.

Wow the list is looking great. Great idea to form a bookmark list!

Looks like from 5 Aug-11 Aug I will travel to Moraine State Park, Presque Isle State Park and Ricketts Glenn State Park. (hitting the appropiate hydrocaches) If your in the area and want to paddle with me send me an email.

Looks like from 5 Aug-11 Aug I will travel to Moraine State Park, Presque Isle State Park and Ricketts Glenn State Park. (hitting the appropiate hydrocaches) If your in the area and want to paddle with me send me an email.

If you are at Moraine State Park on August 5th or 6th, they are having the annual Regatta that weekend, here's the link to the webpage with thier events.

Regatta at Lake Arthur - Moraine State Park

I will be at our camp at Bear Run Campground that weekend, if you need a guide, send me an email.

Tom

Tom:

I will also be at Bear Run on the 5th and the 6th. If you want to link up and cache send me an email!

If you are at Moraine State Park on August 5th or 6th, they are having the annual Regatta that weekend, here's the link to the webpage with thier events.

Regatta at Lake Arthur - Moraine State Park

I will be at our camp at Bear Run Campground that weekend, if you need a guide, send me an email.

Tom