Geocoin World Tour

BadAndy

When I had my coins made and mailed them out I included a number of activated coins in some of the mailers headed to Europe, The UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The idea was to watch them travel all over the world.

It has been loads of fun watching them move to exotic places...places I've always wanted to visit but never had the chance. Most of the logs are in the local language and I've been using babelfish.altavista.com to translate the them. It comes out a bit cryptic, but does the job. One thing has been very apparent in those logs... the care and appreciation of those moving the coins.

If you don't already have a coin or three travelling the world, find a cacher across the pond and giver it a whirl. It's been very rewarding for me.

On that note, I'd be interested in finding a cacher in the Far East and South America to send a traveller to. Any takers?

When I had my coins made and mailed them out I included a number of activated coins in some of the mailers headed to Europe, The UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The idea was to watch them travel all over the world.

It has been loads of fun watching them move to exotic places...places I've always wanted to visit but never had the chance. Most of the logs are in the local language and I've been using babelfish.altavista.com to translate the them. It comes out a bit cryptic, but does the job. One thing has been very apparent in those logs... the care and appreciation of those moving the coins.

If you don't already have a coin or three travelling the world, find a cacher across the pond and giver it a whirl. It's been very rewarding for me.

On that note, I'd be interested in finding a cacher in the Far East and South America to send a traveller to. Any takers?

That is a very neat idea!!! It will be so cool to activate a coin, then send it to a cacher in another country and have he/she to put the coin in caches and watch it travel! Of course, I JUST sent out ALL my international packages!!!

Edited by ozymandiasism

We took a trip to Switzerland and Italy last Fall. At an event a month or so beforehand, we told everyone about it and asked if they had any travelers that they wanted us to take along; a couple of local cachers took us up on it :) We put them on our watchlist (one geocoin and one TB), and it's been fun to see where they have gone. We also left some of our own travelers over there. While mailing is certainly cheaper, the "personal touch" is a lot more fun B)

Hope you find a taker or two!

When I sent out my coins I sent activated ones to England, Germany and New Zealand. The England and Germany have been moving very well. The New Zealand one just got there, so it needs a little time to hit its first cache. I'm having a blast watching them. And I do need to translate the German logs!

Well, I could help some coins/TBs, too. Just send me an email!

Btw: Is there anyone in Australia who could do me a favor and help one of my coins?

@ Mustang Joni

Do you need help translating the German logs?

Edited by Nacaya

Well you guys and gals know me and you know how to get in touch....

If you want your coins in caches here in the U.K. drop me a line or two..

I live in the North of England for ppl wanting to know... (53 26.58N 02 23.16W)

All I ask in return is that you will drop a coin off in a cache of your choice in your neck of the woods for me....

Thanks in advance

Bob

Hi,

we can also help to spread some coins here in Portugal.

We have only 2 coins of our own and they became quite personal so we dont intend to place them. We are planning to get some more and then we can also send them to the other side of the water pond or maybe further.

If you need just send us an email.

Regards from Portugal

Alberto and Cristina aka manchanegra

If anyone wants any coins releasing over here in the UK just hit me up an e-mail and I'd be happy to help you out.

Ian

Cool! Where about in the UK are you located?

Hampshire which is basically the center of the South.

Ian

Very nice. I went to boarding school in Derbyshire for 4 years. Had great fun! Unfortunately didn't get to travel too much, did go to several prepschools to compete in track and field....

hmmmm those were the old days....

Hi,

We have only 2 coins of our own and they became quite personal so we dont intend to place them. We are planning to get some more and then we can also send them to the other side of the water pond or maybe further.

Regards from Portugal

Pardon the rough translation...but I'm getting warmed up for my first Portuguese geocoin.

Emita-me por favor seu endereço. Eu emitir-lhe-ei uma moeda para pôr em um geocache.

Hi,

Regards from Portugal

Pardon the rough translation...but I'm getting warmed up for my first Portuguese geocoin.

Emita-me por favor seu endereço. Eu emitir-lhe-ei uma moeda para pôr em um geocache.

Nice job with the Portuguese :)

I don't know if Manchanegra does already have the coins for trading, but i could also take up on that offer.

Portuguese interest for geocoins has sky rocketed recently :(

G'Day from down under. We have only been caching for a few months but can understand the excitiment of geo coins. What a great idea to send them to a cacher in a different country to release, certainly gets them moving to other parts of the globe quickly. We released our first coin a month ago and its still waiting to head abroad from a TB exchange! Anyway we have another one just sitting here, a 2006 kiwi coin if anyone is interested in an international exchange for release purposes, just get in touch. :(

G'Day from down under. We have only been caching for a few months but can understand the excitiment of geo coins. What a great idea to send them to a cacher in a different country to release, certainly gets them moving to other parts of the globe quickly. We released our first coin a month ago and its still waiting to head abroad from a TB exchange! Anyway we have another one just sitting here, a 2006 kiwi coin if anyone is interested in an international exchange for release purposes, just get in touch. :(

Just dropped you an email! Would love to see one of our coins in NZ! :)

Well that was quick! Thanks to SUp3rFM and Creulla we now have a coin on its way to Portugal (via mail) to start touring around Europe and on its way downunder a unique sounding trackable which I'm sure my fellow kiwis will enjoy finding. Fortunately we have managed to get another couple of coins so we can still have one in our collection plus a spare :D

These are coins I have sent abroad if anyone cares to have fun tracking them, Glenn

Germany

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=382234

Australia:

The First coin belongs to Glen AKA RattlingCrew had a blemish when I recieved it , so it became a traveler..

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=638325

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=380485

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=477619

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=534537

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=644588