Newbie - Paperless Geocaching Gps Device?

We have been geocaching for awhile with an explorist 100 and are ready to upgrade. I'm ready to stop printing all the description/hint pages and also ready to quit punching in the waypoints - have made too many frustrating mistakes ;)

Is it possible to get a gps unit that will accept an upload of both waypoints and the associated description/hint/5 recent logs? I do not have a palm or pocket pc and was hoping to get just one device for both the waypoint and the cache description.

If that is possible could someone please point me in the direction of what devices are recommended? Thanks in advance

~notthebus

Southern California

The Garmin iQue does everything, however it is fragile, and I don't know if the battery will last as long in the field as that of a GPSr.

How much money do you want to spend?

For a PDA, you can get a Palm M500 for less than $35.00 on eBay, inluding the shipping. Then get Cachemate for $8.00 and you will have the ability to carry the information for 1000 caches.

I have a Vista C and love the auto-routing capabilities of that durable GPSr.