Creating A Team With Members

T_BOLT

I have a account and a family member has one also. My family member, my wife (no account), and myself go geocaching together. As only one person can be the actual finder of a geocache. I would like to know if it possible to add a account to mine and act as a team but also retain the indval account for time when we work seprate.

No. The best way to handle what I'm thinking you're asking is for both of you to have your own accounts. You both log as if you were there separately, but at the same time.

Or, you can do like my wife and I do. We have a single account and log finds under it. We cache together most of the time, but there are occasions were one of us is not at the cache site.

As for there being only one finder, that's not entirely true. A lot of us play this little game where when we spot the cache we keep "looking" until we move away from the cache. Once a bit away from the spot we indicate we've found the cache so the other can keep looking. You can do this with several people. It's great fun unless you're the last person and just can't seem to be able to find it.

Hope this helps.

No. The best way to handle what I'm thinking you're asking is for both of you to have your own accounts. You both log as if you were there separately, but at the same time.

Or, you can do like my wife and I do. We have a single account and log finds under it. We cache together most of the time, but there are occasions were one of us is not at the cache site.

As for there being only one finder, that's not entirely true. A lot of us play this little game where when we spot the cache we keep "looking" until we move away from the cache. Once a bit away from the spot we indicate we've found the cache so the other can keep looking. You can do this with several people. It's great fun unless you're the last person and just can't seem to be able to find it.

Hope this helps.

Ayep.

And when I cache with non-account holders I sign their name in the book so they can log the find later should they ever decide to join this site. but that's about it.

My alias has turned into a team as a small group of us are going out on a regular basis looking for finds. At this point, I'm the only one who has registered, so they're all logged under mine, but I imagine some in the group will get their own IDs. Right now though, I'm the one with the GPS.. hehe

It would be neat to have a feature of the site where people could join virtual groups and stats and info for those groups could also be generated.

I think team cache stats would be a great idea. I have an account and cache regularly with a few friends. We could only afford one gps unit and all log our caches on my account though we are usually together. I bet there is a bunch of people that do this