Member Only Caches

I to can't believe with all the talk of micro spew,and lame caches this hasn't gone waaaaay off topic about 50 planned caches by an admitted noob.{sorry,his words not mine]

I am more of a hider than a hunter,and put a lot of thought into my hides.

I sometimes go into a likely area 5-10 times before I place a cache.even more times just to tweek it a little,and do maint.

I have 13 out there now in four years, and it would take me forever to place 50.

My advice, Take your time MO cache or not... plan them out well even if its' not 50 you will have fun. Even on days when you are not out caching because of the weather you can be studying topo maps of likely areas, or historical sites etc.

this is just the opinion of one who hides :sad:

Amen!

When I first got into caching, there was one member who had a bunch of caches in my area that were members-only and since this was post-Katrina, many of the listed caches had been wiped out but not recognized as such, so every time I would log in to find some caches, these "premium-member-only" listings would mock and tease me. It actually made me resent the person who was hiding them and at the time I dreamed of hiding my own cache with explicit instructions that the person hiding all the members only ones wasn't allowed to log it.. LOL This also had an impact in my motivation to become a premium member -- I actually resisted much longer doing so because I kind of felt like I was being coerced.... I had to pay to get the coords of good caches in my area.

My attitude has mellowed since then (ha ha, ok, maybe, maybe not), but that's my first impression. I think if you have a bunch out there and you put a few MOC, that's not a big deal. I know some people who only make theirs MOC, which I think is annoying.

Amen....

Edited by edscott