60cx Screen Fades When Sides Pressed

So the new unit don't do the problem you reported? I don't own one but I thought it could be common...

Have you noticed what firmware they sent it with? Just curious.

So far it is fine. It came with 2.60, and 2.40, and I've already updated it to the most current 3.00 and 2.70 combo.

I haven't used it in the RAM mount on the motorcyce yet (bike is awaiting new tire). I'm fearfult the RAM cradle or the vibes on the bike caused the problem. The RAM mount caused wear on the side of the 60Cx, and I may file the mount a bit to see if I can relieve the pressure point.

So the new unit don't do the problem you reported? I don't own one but I thought it could be common...

Have you noticed what firmware they sent it with? Just curious.

So far it is fine. It came with 2.60, and 2.40, and I've already updated it to the most current 3.00 and 2.70 combo.

Weird they don't ship with latest firmware since it comes right from their hands. Or was it a sealed box 4 months old? We don't know...

My Suzuki Volusia got a new set of tires yesterday... :-)

What do you think of the zumo?

The replacement was stuck in a cardboard box just like the one I sent them. I had removed the belt clip knob, lanyard, memory card, and screen protector from the original before I shipped it. The replacement came back the same way, but with the factory screen protector on it.

A friend had a Volusia for a while and loved it. My Suzuki DRZ400SM is waiting for the tire, and is a hoot to ride, and modify. My '93 Honda ST1100 hasn't moved since I got the supermoto.

The new Garmin Zumo is fancy but doesn't meet my needs. I love the 60Cx, and use it for geocaching, and like the form factor.

Ride safe!

<snip> I'm fearfult the RAM cradle or the vibes on the bike caused the problem. The RAM mount caused wear on the side of the 60Cx, and I may file the mount a bit to see if I can relieve the pressure point.

see http://www.gpscity.com/item-ram-mount-garm.../ramholga11.htm

it's a connector that connects the garmin mount to the ram stuff... you'd need to buy the full garmin mount, then only use the garmin connector, but maybe this would help prevent the problem? good luck....

see http://www.gpscity.com/item-ram-mount-garm.../ramholga11.htm

it's a connector that connects the garmin mount to the ram stuff... you'd need to buy the full garmin mount, then only use the garmin connector, but maybe this would help prevent the problem? good luck....

I've seen that mentioned in another thread. I have the Garmin auto bean bag mount, which I like being able to put the whole mess on the floorboard when parking at a store. gpscity has the Garmin 60 mount:

http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-gpsmap-...t/60automnt.htm

Has anyone used this combo on a motorcycle or bicycle?? I don't know how secure the Garmin mount would be in that environment.

Edited by Rosterman