ILAdmin / ILReviewer

5¢

He / she (though I think a he) is such a good reviewer. It just drives me nuts that he can do all he does. Seems just about every morning between........no wait I am not going to tell you when Illinois new caches get approved.......anywho he does a dang good job getting things approved. Also, when I have a question, I can just email him and he responds to me super fast. It is just dang nice to have a great reviewer as him.

Yeah, I have the same problem up here in ND/MN. I mean I've placed 13 caches in the last 2 months, and they were all approved with no problems.

And can you believe that the reviewer for ND has the nerve to have a web site with all the downloadable forms for all the State Parks up here. The nerve of some people.

Heck once the MN reviewer published my cache so quick I thought I didn't send it, and almost posted the same cache twice. How dare they be that good.

Edited by Totem Clan

I'm not sure who my reviewer is... seems to always be changing. First UtahAdmin - then RockyMountain Reviewer - now its Nomex. I will say that I ahve had no issues with any of them - always publishing caches in a timely manner and asking appropriate questions when the cache placements needed to be looked into a little more without delaying the publishing much at all.

Kudos to all those that take care of this little corner of the world known as Wyoming.

If there's going to be a reviewer of the year award I'll vote for Keystone Approver. I can't imagine the amount of time that he has to dedicate to keep up. Between reviewing caches and policing the forums. :lol:

I will have to second Mastifflover's vote. Keystone is beyond exceptional. He is very easy to work with and must spend an exceptional amount of time working with cachers. I know my hat is off to him.

If there's going to be a reviewer of the year award I'll vote for Keystone Approver. I can't imagine the amount of time that he has to dedicate to keep up. Between reviewing caches and policing the forums. :lol:

Shaw. Can you imagine having to read through nearly every posting of every topic, including the ones you have no interest in? Yikes.

Oklahoma’s own Reviewer Jones has to be in the top 99% of beloved reviewers. He’s efficient, fair, helpful, supportive, and lightening fast. When I was a new cacher and making many bLuNdErs, he would offer several ideas to make my hides workable within the guidelines. RJ never made me feel like a newbie dorkmeister. His fast and friendly suggestions made me feel like an important part of the geocaching community in Oklahoma.

OK, so it's 1.5 years later and now he chuckles a little when I blunder. Sometimes he even laughs and points. When he recovers he still jumps right in and helps get my listing ready to roll.

Another fun plus for RJ is his mysterious identity. More than a few Okies enjoy the Hunt for RJ and hope to meet him some day!

This is a great topic about remarkable and interesting people. I look forward to reading about the other reviewers……

I can't believe none of the Indiana folks have come on to point out that Mountain Climber is a wonderful reviewer too! Like others have said, he consistently works with you to get your caches to meet the guidelines as quickly as possible. Yes, he'll sometimes tease you (after you've hidden a few), when you flip the coords and tell him your cache in Indiana is located in the middle of the Arctic Ocean... But he's great - always williing to help out, etc etc (ok, so just repeating the same as seems true of all the reviewers!).

But, I think the one that impressed me the most was the week we went on a hiding binge (15 new caches between the two of us, since we'd gotten permission to place along a public greenway, and it's nice and long and has lots of parking and lots of access points and and ...). That same weekend, I know of at least 4 other cachers/groups in the state who went on similar hiding binges (that first warm weekend in the spring, you know...). When I got my weekly cache notification, there were almost 100 in the nearest part of Indiana. On one of ours, there'd been an oops (that whole Arctic Ocean oopsey), so he'd e-mailed us about that one after approving the rest of the series. He'd managed to correct the coords, but needed to verify that all we'd done was flip the few coords. In the series of e-mails, he mentioned that he was recovering from a 60-80 hour work week that week -- keep in mind, that's from his "real" job - and he still found time to approve all those caches! (also, note that I live in the extreme corner of Indiana, so I only get for the SW corner when they send the weekly listing -- so given that the Louisville folks place caches like crazy, as do the Terre Haute cachers, and the Fort Wayne group and the Indianapolis cachers and and and -- my guess is the 100 near me was the merest fraction of his workload that week.

Oh, and our longest wait for approval that week was for the one we screwed up on the coords for - and that one was our fault (why don't you get a notification if the reviewer posts a note to your cache btw?). We hadn't checked back to see if he'd reviewed it, until we got an e-mail from him checking if we'd read his reviewer note. All that going on, and he still found the time to make sure we knew that he'd responded to the cache! Thanks Mountain Climber!

(ps - I gotta agree with the others wondering how Keystone manages to help moderate all of the forums and read all of those posts without going just a bit insane some days!)

Without a doubt the most amazing reviewer is erik88l-r. That guy spans the globe: he can simultaneously publish caches in Georgia, Hawaii, Alaska, & Japan (+ other exotic locales).

Oh not only that, he has caught all of our bonehead mistakes, without ever making us feel like boneheads.

He answers e-mails promptly and usually is able to answer our questions! And when he has not had the answers he has directed to those who have. The rest of y'all just don't know what you're missing. :D

I can't believe none of the Indiana folks have come on to point out that Mountain Climber is a wonderful reviewer too! Like others have said, he consistently works with you to get your caches to meet the guidelines as quickly as possible.

Here's another vote for Mountain Climber!

I've only got three caches hidden, but he did them quickly.

He's doing a GREAT job!

You guys have it ALL wrong.....we down here is GA have not only really great reviewers like Erik, GPSFun and Mtn-man....

GPSFun is great! I'm used to the 'couple of days' to get published. Don't get me wrong, Pofe does a great job! But, I'm used to putting up my page, and working on it, uploading pictures, double checking &c. I was helping my sister with the pages for her new caches, and while I'm working on it, GPSFun is sending comments! "Double check your coordinates. This is far out at sea." Okay, dumb dolphin is used to typing N 40º. N 43º confuses him. :D I really should not list the cache as active until I'm done, but I've never run into that 'problem' before. :D

This thread was about the guy from Illinois :D:D

I think it's snowballed into a general 'thank you' thread for all the time, energy and patience volunteer reviewers all over provide to the game... so thank you all for what you do :D

Yeah, which is something that doesn't happen often enough, especially considering all the grief they have to put up with. So, while I'm here, I'd like to take a moment to thank all the reviewers I've had the pleasure of working with over the years. With my various caches, I've got a nice "reviewer collection" going on the "approved by" lines, and I've never had a problem with any of them. I've cached with several reviewers (including a couple listed in this thread) and it's always been fun. I sometimes wonder how they find the time to actually go caching, with all the time they have to put into reviewing caches, watching the forums, and, oh yeah, most of them have real jobs they have to do, too.

Thanks again guys/gals for the work you do for this hobby (addiction?) we all enjoy so much.

Our reviewers here in SW MI are awesome. :D How good are our reviwers? We placed 2 caches and within 2 hours (from the time we placed them) they had been reviewed, posted and found!!! This included our drive home of about 20 minutes and the time to submit them and, of course, the cachers time to get there! Of course it probably helped the review time that the closest cache was about 2 miles away. :D

Edited by The Flanders Gang

I'll second the good words on Cap'n Buckeye. Being a rookie cacher, I got tons of help setting up my first puzzle caches. My other caches have been approved so quickly, I'm beginning to think that Cap'n Buckeye is like Agent Smith in the Matrix... it's not human to be that fast. The only solution is that they must actually be part of the computer system itself :blink:

Well our PA reviewers (3 of them) are really top notch. We're lucky to have them. So lucky, in fact, that all of them have had caches placed in their honor...

Thank you OReviewer and MissPlaced!

Thank you Keystone!

You ALL do a great job!

Oreviewer rocks 'cause he published on of my caches in 6 minutes once... talk about service!

MissPlaced is great cause not only is she such a friendly person with a good sense of humor, but she's cute too! (just check out her profile pic! :blink: )

Keystone's always willing to share his vast knowledge of everything caching. very helpful guy.

Yup, PA has the best reviewers out there. :P

12 different reviewers approving the listing of 87 caches across 3 states and 4.5 years and never once a problem. Can you believe that!!

Luck! Pure Luck I say!! :P

You just happened to catch them all on the right days when they were tired from reaming some other hapless sould and you slipped threw the cracks :blink:

12 different reviewers approving the listing of 87 caches across 3 states and 4.5 years and never once a problem. Can you believe that!!

Luck! Pure Luck I say!! :blink:

You just happened to catch them all on the right days when they were tired from reaming some other hapless sould and you slipped threw the cracks :P

Welch, thats not true. It was that day that you were sick with a cold and we all had a break from dealing with you!!! B)

Luck! Pure Luck I say!! :(

You just happened to catch them all on the right days when they were tired from reaming some other hapless sould and you slipped threw the cracks :unsure:

Welch, thats not true. It was that day that you were sick with a cold and we all had a break from dealing with you!!! :lol:

:(-_-:D